The Student Room Group

Whats the point of A levels?

If they're getting scrapped as a private candidate what am i supposed to study for?
Original post by shimmyjimmyfor3
If they're getting scrapped as a private candidate what am i supposed to study for?

What do you mean by "If they're getting scrapped..."? What do you believe is being scrapped? Some particular A level subject? Can you cite a source which confirm this view?
Original post by DataVenia
What do you mean by "If they're getting scrapped..."? What do you believe is being scrapped? Some particular A level subject? Can you cite a source which confirm this view?

Not sure if i can post articles but I'm sure you've heard of the "advanced british standard"

If that genuinely goes through wouldnt it make my application look weaker?
Original post by shimmyjimmyfor3
Not sure if i can post articles but I'm sure you've heard of the "advanced british standard"

If that genuinely goes through wouldnt it make my application look weaker?

The proposals you're talking about will have zero impact on anyone currently studying A levels. To quote from the Executive Summary of the Government's A World-Class Education System The Advanced British Standard, "This is a long term reform: it will take a decade to deliver in full."

I've no idea what your application will look like, no why it would look stronger or weaker than any other application. Why would your application be different to any one else's? Because you're a private candidate? Why would that be impacted by these proposed reforms?

Quick Reply

Latest