The Student Room Group

Law llb Bristol regarding GCSEs

Hi,
I would really like to receive an offer for the LLB Law degree at Bristol, however I am unsure whether I have a chance regarding my GCSE grades...
I got: A* A* A A B B B C C C D
I am aware that this will be far below the average applicant for law at bristol, and that they regard these grades as 20% of the application, however, I was wondering if anyone has recieved an offer for law at Bristol in a similar situation?

Also, I achieved three As (in English Lit, Law, and Psychology) and a B (in Philosophy) in my AS levels- would this alter my chances of getting an offer in any way?

Thank you very much
They say that they only care about how many of your GCSEs are above a C, but I don't really believe that.

Good job looking up their weightings. You've seen then that your A-levels are twice as important as GCSEs, your LNAT is more important than GCSEs, and you personal statement is nearly as important as your GCSEs.

Bristol gives offers to 70% of its Law applicants (http://university.which.co.uk/university-of-bristol-b78/law-3-years-9000-m100-426219). I think you would get an offer.
Reply 2
Original post by Abstract_Prism
They say that they only care about how many of your GCSEs are above a C, but I don't really believe that.

It's not in anyone's interest for universities to mislead students about entry requirements. It would waste their time and the applicant's time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending