The Student Room Group

First lecture, staying up all night so I don't miss it.

Is this a stupid idea or a good one? Don't want to be tempted to turn my alarm off, because it probably will happen. As long as I get to this first one then I can come back and have the best snooze ever.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mistletoe
Is this a stupid idea or a good one? Don't want to be tempted to turn my alarm off, because it probably will happen. As long as I get to this first one then I can come back and have the best snooze ever.

bad idea. get some kip
It's an excellent idea.
Reply 3
I don't think it's a good idea. You may end up being so tired in the lecture that you may not register a lot of what is being said, and your tiredness may cause you to look bored and give your lecturer a bad first impression.

If you're committed to it though, I'd just recommend making sure that you get yourself a little caffeine boost before class and try to at least look as alert as possible, even if you don't feel it.

Good luck with your first lecture!
I doubt you would have been tempted to turn your alarm off for your first lecture. Things tend to start well. You start to give less of a **** as time goes on.

I think it was a bad idea.
Reply 5
Good idea you'll be fine till the early afternoon when tiredness will hit just take a coffee before the lecture and then sleep once your home
Reply 6
Original post by Mistletoe

If you do this the best case scenario is you will stay awake for the lecture, but fall asleep half way through. I have done it myself. Worse case, you will fall asleep in the bus and miss the whole thing.

Get an hour or twos kip, whilst there's still time!
Reply 7
It's a very bad idea, you will feel tired in lecture and want to go home. Try to get sleep and sort your sleeping pattern out.
Reply 8
its a stupid idea b
No lecture is worth staying up for.
If you put your alarm or your phone on the other side of your room where you can't reach it then you'll have to get up 😉
Reply 11
ended up getting some kip, set two alarms, the second one is really loud so it's a good incentive to get up to turn the first one off and the second one. also i make sure i put it on the other side of the room like someone else said. works :biggrin: phew, survived
Just set multiple alarms and put them around your room so you have to get up to turn them off
Bad idea
I don't think you got anywhere near enough sleep anyway...

If missing alarms has been an issue before then yes, you just need to deal with it in a sensible way. But if not then don't do it.
Reply 15
yall lemme tell you I could sleep through a fire alarm
but dis *****
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/decoration/clocks/dekad-alarm-clock-black-art-50187566/
can wake up a hibernating bear lemme tell ya x_x , even if you've had like 10 mins of sleep
i get scared awake every morning :lol:
So did you sleep or stay up?
Was the lecture worth staying up for
Original post by john2054
bad idea. get some kip

says you :lol:
Reply 19
Original post by fefssdf
Was the lecture worth staying up for

it was alright
Original post by Abstract_Prism
So did you sleep or stay up?

i slept for about 4 hours. was tempted to lie in and meet the second alarm, but i overcame.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending