The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton accom

I got Mayflower as accommodation but the CS lectures end pretty late🥲 I wanted Glen eyre initially as it is closer and I get quite anxious about travelling long distances during the night. What would happen if I were to reject Mayflower?
it's 15-20 minutes on the bus not a long distance
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
it's 15-20 minutes on the bus not a long distance

yeah i know but my sister said it got tiring for her to travel that far😭 i’m more of a convenience person aswell I was just hoping for glen eyre since it was closer to the CS building
Original post by stan shinee
yeah i know but my sister said it got tiring for her to travel that far😭 i’m more of a convenience person aswell I was just hoping for glen eyre since it was closer to the CS building

Glen Eyre is a 10-15 minute walk from the CS building.....and a walk is more tiring than sitting on a bus!
Oh okay thanks so muchhh

Original post by Anonymous
Glen Eyre is a 10-15 minute walk from the CS building.....and a walk is more tiring than sitting on a bus!
Original post by stan shinee
I got Mayflower as accommodation but the CS lectures end pretty late🥲 I wanted Glen eyre initially as it is closer and I get quite anxious about travelling long distances during the night. What would happen if I were to reject Mayflower?

If you're really sure you don't want Mayflower you can look at private accommodation around Soton. My lectures finish at 6pm nearly every day for my course and its a 10 minute bus/20 minute walk to my accom and I don't find it tiring at all.

Mayflower may actually be more convenient for night's out etc as it's easier to get back to due to its central location.
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are not happy with your accommodation offer.

If you are really concerned about this, I would definitely get in contact with the accommodation team to see if there is anything they are able to do about it. You can reach them here: [email protected] or +44 (0)23 80 595959

Aside from that, I would just like to reassure you that though Mayflower Halls are further away from campus in comparison to Glen Eyre, your bus pass is included with the accommodation contract and buses to Mayflower are really common (any city bus will get you close enough) so you will never be waiting too long for a bus. Also, if you are staying on campus a bit later it might mean you miss the rush of students at the end of the day. That being said, there will still be plenty of students around and probably doing the exact same journey as you which hopefully makes you feel a bit better about the journey. I was in Glen Eyre in first year and actually found the walk home so boring after a while because it is a long straight road and the slight up hill was not fun in the evenings!

Hope this helps :smile:
Abbie
University of Southampton, Postgraduate Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending