The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ive seen wealthy indians in my time, but never have i seen exceptionally wealthy chinese people...:s-smilie:
Reply 41
Coz all they do is work!
If you live in london, nearly every Mercedes you see is owned by an Indian. It's not just coincidence, it's because they are all hard workers, and have ambition, and stick by it.

Having said that, like Prash said, I haven't seen an 'expetionally' rich chinese person. Apart from the Jewish, and the indians, they are MANY other rich people out there, so it's not just the indians.
Reply 43
trouttrout
Coz all they do is work!

WRONG indian people drink and go out and enjoy themselves alot!!!
Especially punjabi people if you go to a punjabi wedding you would understand and you would see many Indians in bars etc we work hard and know how to enjoy ourselves:p:
Peart
Cuz them darn immigrints done stoleded all our jobs.

Excuse me
Alot of Asians in this country run businesses and have made their money that way and have been sucessful with their businesses.
However there are many educated Indian families are like my own family where everyone has university degrees and have excelled through academia.
Generally most Indians/Asians place importance on education which is why most U.K universities are full of Asians.
Peart
Cuz them darn immigrints done stoleded all our jobs.

I love the way you say we've stolen your jobs. IF you know anything about HISTORY...you'll know that it was the British empire that ruled over India...and stole most of India's wealth.
If that didn't happen...then there wouldn't be as many Indian immigrants in the U.K
So as they say..what goes around comes around.

And i say...good on all the Asian immigrants in this country for doing so well...:biggrin:
I think he was taking the mick babe. :smile:
Reply 48
Angelic_19
I love the way you say we've stolen your jobs. IF you know anything about HISTORY...you'll know that it was the British empire that ruled over India...and stole most of India's wealth.
If that didn't happen...then there wouldn't be as many Indian immigrants in the U.K

And i say...good on all the Asian immigrants in this country for doing so well...:biggrin:

Your rated! Well said!! :smile:
Angelic_19

I think his post was sarcastic.
Reply 50
Whereas i see other immigrants.....like muslims etc .....are on very low incomes and claiming benefits and stuff.......(like you see on the tv)

You moronic piece of crap. How DARE you. Muslims are NOT all immigrants. You can even have Christian immigrants in this country. I am Muslim and was born and bred here. You are PROBABLY more of an immigrant than me. And to say that Muslims all claim state benefit is just ****ing stupid. And you just implied that you get all of your info from the TV. Shows how much of a valid opinion you have there then.
Angelic_19
Excuse me

It was a joke. A sense of humour transplant may be in order here.
Reply 52
subzero90
You moronic piece of crap. How DARE you. Muslims are NOT all immigrants. You can even have Christian immigrants in this country. I am Muslim and was born and bred here. You are PROBABLY more of an immigrant than me. And to say that Muslims all claim state benefit is just ****ing stupid. And you just implied that you get all of your info from the TV. Shows how much of a valid opinion you have there then.

Calm down dude. No need for the swearing.
Phantom Phoenix
It was a joke. A sense of humour transplant may be in order here.

Well a pretty bad joke....
Angelic_19
Well a pretty bad joke....

I won't argue...but still! :p:
Reply 55
Indian families typically emphasise the importance of education, and try to instill this in their children. The general stereotypical consensus is that most Indian families want their kids to be Doctors. Even the guy in the Indian restaurant we frequent admitted this. However, most directors/executives/people who are highly paid are, however, British.

Another stereotype, is that Indians do "work hard", as illustrated by their longer opening hours with corner shops some time ago (something my Dad told me).

Generally, I wouldn't, however, say they were "wealthy".
Reply 56
He was being sarcastic. Taking p1ss out of people who think that way. Hint: American Hillbilly's.
Also, the original post - you shouldn't have said Muslims. You could have said Pakistani's, because most of them are Muslim, if that was your target.
Believe it or not, you can be Indian and also a Muslim :eek:
Reply 57
... and also an immigrant.
All rolled in to one.
Reply 58
This is what us Indians go through:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFL0w1ruiCM
:p:
Reply 59
Hahaha

Latest

Trending

Trending