The Student Room Group

Brangelina is over then - but is this news??

"Angelina Jolie files for divorce from Brad Pitt 'for the health of the family'"

This headline appears on just about every newspaper at the top of the page, it led the BBC main TV news this evening - but is it news??

Apart from the obvious, that most top celeb marriages end after a few years, why has the planet become so obsessed with these two to the point that their divorce makes the top story in many outlets? Is it really right for media like the BBC to further inflate the already vast egos of these spoiled uber-darlings by treating their inevitable marital collapse as world shattering?

Anyone else agree this is basically not even news?

Scroll to see replies

I think it's news :frown:
image.jpeg
Reply 2
Boring sleb trivia
Original post by saraxh
I think it's news :frown:
image.jpeg

It's news for Absurdly Beautiful People Magazine.

It isn't news news though.
i get mixed up between Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt :redface:
BBC stands for Boring British Crap.

Spoiler

Original post by Fullofsurprises
"Angelina Jolie files for divorce from Brad Pitt 'for the health of the family'"

This headline appears on just about every newspaper at the top of the page, it led the BBC main TV news this evening - but is it news??

Apart from the obvious, that most top celeb marriages end after a few years, why has the planet become so obsessed with these two to the point that their divorce makes the top story in many outlets? Is it really right for media like the BBC to further inflate the already vast egos of these spoiled uber-darlings by treating their inevitable marital collapse as world shattering?

Anyone else agree this is basically not even news?

Its very big news imo. It also sells papers, magazines and gets clicks. People are interested in whats happening to one of the worlds most powerful entertainment couples. They are both influential.
Reply 7
Nah not news, the memes are hilarious though.

Original post by the bear
i get mixed up between Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt :redface:

Well, one is obviously a red blooded hetero male married (until, cough, about now) to one of the most beautiful women in the world and the other is, er, well, erm...
'Course it is news, all the conflicts in the world, the political wrangling, the NHS crisis, the housing crisis and all other pieces of doom and gloom, nothing much new about them and the apparent state of perpetual... crisis.

I don't know who this couple are but it seems they are quite well known in the public eye, assuming it is the first time they consciously uncouple like this... it is news.
Just because it's not politically related, involves someone's death, isn't a natural disaster or isn't about wars/terrorism/failing economies/evil dictators/etc.... Doesn't mean it's not news.

V famous couple, probably the most famous couple in entertainment have broken up, that is pretty significant even if you're not into entertainment.

Frankly people moaning about this event being in the news are being pretentious and stuck-up. It's not like you hear about divorces on the news everyday, stop complaining.
I never liked them together personally but the memes :laugh:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zhog
'Course it is news, all the conflicts in the world, the political wrangling, the NHS crisis, the housing crisis and all other pieces of doom and gloom, nothing much new about them and the apparent state of perpetual... crisis.

I don't know who this couple are but it seems they are quite well known in the public eye, assuming it is the first time they consciously uncouple like this... it is news.

I'm quite impressed that you don't know who they are. Respect.
....Karma???
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Well, one is obviously a red blooded hetero male married (until, cough, about now) to one of the most beautiful women in the world and the other is, er, well, erm...

Lara Croft, of course.

Still my first memory of a sideboob aged 12.
Original post by retro_turtles
....Karma???

how, what happened?
I can't believe I sat through Angelina Jolies written and directed film "By the Sea" which depicted a couples broken marriage. It honestly was the most most boring and I-would-rather-stick- pin-needles-in-my-eyes-for-132 minutes type of film I've ever seen, so if the film has any elements of truth as to why they are getting a divorce then this it is most certainly NOT news to me. -_____-
(edited 7 years ago)
Googling and apparently its over their kids

Well I never believed in their marriage anyway since it took over a decade :colonhash:

plus all celebs are ****ed

well anyway moving on
Original post by 0to100
how, what happened?

Well didn't he like cheat on Jennifer Aniston with Angelina and now karma is back to bite him on the ass as he is getting a divorce?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending