The Student Room Group

A2 History Coursework

Well I just thought I'd start a thread about the various individual assignments we will all be doing for A2 History.

I have chosen my topic, and am getting stuck into mine this summer.

The thing is....my history teacher is leaving in februaury and she teaches us 2/3rds of the course so as a result. We have to have our topic chosen. All our key texts together. Our notes all written and details of out reading. And a complete first draft by the time we go back september 5th...less than four weeks away.

I am with edexcel and so our's has to be done under exam conditions with some notes. But I believe we are having a mock at the start of october and our final one completed and done under timed exam conditions, before christmas. :eek: I think this a huge ask...if not slightly unachievable for some students in the class. :s-smilie:

Anyone else think this is a tad ridiculous. (We will be doing our other piece of coursework and Edward and Mary at the same time. We have no more class time on our IA's :frown: )

Anyway...that is keeping my brain active over the summer. I have loads to do.

Just thought we could chat about our topics, deadlines and progress on this thread.......:biggrin:
Reply 1
it's weird that you have to do coursework under exam conditions. meh, edexcel are crap. i did my coursework with ocr and it was about as far from exam conditions as we could manage this side of cheating.
Reply 2
wow, exam conditions, that's harsh! i'm doing OCR so i'm ok.

my topic is "was Arnhem really a bridge too far?" basically looking at the cause of the failure, whether it was always doomed to fail because of inadequate intelligence and blind overambition from allied commanders, or whether it was caused by bad strategic planning or other problems that couldn't have been predicted.

i have no idea what my deadlines are and how much i'm meant to be doing over the summer, either i wasn't listening or we weren't told.
so i'm just doing notes and a plan over the summer, i'm not going to do a first draft until i get back to school because i'm doing geog coursework as well at the moment so don't have time to just concentrate on history.
Hmm I'm confused. I took the edexcel exam and we didn't have to complete our coursework under exam conditions. That's why it's called coursework? I've never heard of that before.
Reply 4
We've been told it's exam conditions, but apparently allowed substantial notes/planning in the exam. And that you're expected to practice writing the essay lots of times before, so it's just regurgitating, not much thinking needed in the exam.

And yeah, we've been told before xmas too.
Well you are unlucky then. I feel sorry for you. Doin the coursework like that defeats the object of it
Reply 6
I'm doing A2 History with Edexcel and I'm doing the 'coursework in exam conditions' thing but not until May/June. By Christmas seems harsh. That's a lot of work to have done by the end of the year.

Latest

Trending

Trending