The Student Room Group

What does this girl think of me?

I'm friends with a girl who I met at Upper School, and although we used to have quite a close bond we've since drifted apart, mainly because she drifted from me. We talked less and her responses to things became shorter and vaguer when I would message her sometimes, so as an example, what used to be in-depth conversation became "yeah it's all good".

At one point we'd not spoken for over a year and at that point I really thought that she just didn't think anything of me anymore, and then one day whilst I was on holiday, she messaged me out of the blue asking if I was free the next day and wrote it as enthusiastically as she'd always done. I told her I couldn't as I was away. She then went on to ask if I wanted to meet with her for lunch when I got back, to which I said I was busy (which I was) but would see what would happen.

Unfortunately I never got back to her about it, but had decided to contact her when I went back to uni as I thought it would be good to make the time after being asked. This happened sooner when she came up on my Tinder and I hit 'Super Like' on her because I'd known her well, and we matched. She messaged me afterward just saying 'Haha!! Hey Rob!' and I messaged her back, and then I went onto mention possibly meeting up when I was back at uni, and she said "Yeah sounds good xx". One thing to point out about the conversation we had on Tinder was that I kept bumping up the number of kisses we sent, and she would follow that, until the last message where I sent 3 and she only sent 2.

Things are now getting a little bit confusing. I'm now settled at uni and thought it would be a good time to message her, but I'm honestly stumped as to whether or not I should bother to follow this through. I messaged her asking if she was still interested in meeting up now I'm back at uni, sending 3 kisses, and all she said was "Yeah " and that's it. No kisses, no real enthusiasm, nothing, and she also never brought it up herself since either, and probably won't again if I don't. I have no idea if this is something she actually wants to do or not, but if it's not then I'd rather she'd say so or at least give an excuse to not do it. As I'm away at uni (not too far from home but far enough) this will cost money for either or both of us because one will have to travel and if she were to come here, I may take her to a restaurant or something.

Now I've opened up the possibility it would look awkward if I suddenly don't say anything else about it, but at the same time I don't want to do it if she isn't that keen because that would just be a waste of time and money, both of which I value. Plus I'd just feel really awkward doing it if this is the case. What do you think? Why could she be doing this, and should I follow it through or just leave it?
Original post by RobertEllis97
I'm friends with a girl who I met at Upper School, and although we used to have quite a close bond we've since drifted apart, mainly because she drifted from me. We talked less and her responses to things became shorter and vaguer when I would message her sometimes, so as an example, what used to be in-depth conversation became "yeah it's all good".

At one point we'd not spoken for over a year and at that point I really thought that she just didn't think anything of me anymore, and then one day whilst I was on holiday, she messaged me out of the blue asking if I was free the next day and wrote it as enthusiastically as she'd always done. I told her I couldn't as I was away. She then went on to ask if I wanted to meet with her for lunch when I got back, to which I said I was busy (which I was) but would see what would happen.

Unfortunately I never got back to her about it, but had decided to contact her when I went back to uni as I thought it would be good to make the time after being asked. This happened sooner when she came up on my Tinder and I hit 'Super Like' on her because I'd known her well, and we matched. She messaged me afterward just saying 'Haha!! Hey Rob!' and I messaged her back, and then I went onto mention possibly meeting up when I was back at uni, and she said "Yeah sounds good xx". One thing to point out about the conversation we had on Tinder was that I kept bumping up the number of kisses we sent, and she would follow that, until the last message where I sent 3 and she only sent 2.

Things are now getting a little bit confusing. I'm now settled at uni and thought it would be a good time to message her, but I'm honestly stumped as to whether or not I should bother to follow this through. I messaged her asking if she was still interested in meeting up now I'm back at uni, sending 3 kisses, and all she said was "Yeah " and that's it. No kisses, no real enthusiasm, nothing, and she also never brought it up herself since either, and probably won't again if I don't. I have no idea if this is something she actually wants to do or not, but if it's not then I'd rather she'd say so or at least give an excuse to not do it. As I'm away at uni (not too far from home but far enough) this will cost money for either or both of us because one will have to travel and if she were to come here, I may take her to a restaurant or something.

Now I've opened up the possibility it would look awkward if I suddenly don't say anything else about it, but at the same time I don't want to do it if she isn't that keen because that would just be a waste of time and money, both of which I value. Plus I'd just feel really awkward doing it if this is the case. What do you think? Why could she be doing this, and should I follow it through or just leave it?

Although you can't really change it now, perhaps it is you that left it too late by not getting back to her and that's when she lost interest. Make the effort, maybe offer to go to her city (or meet in the middle somewhere) and see what happens. You have nothing to lose - if it doesn't go well you just go your seperate ways, it doesn't sound like as it stands you guys are pretty close anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending