The Student Room Group

Is it friendliness or interest? How can I tell the difference?

Basically, this girl is sat next to me now in my class and we talk often during the lesson. She often leads the conversation by asking questions about me (what I did after last lesson / plans for after the lesson), uni choices etc, and shares things about herself and her day which I do ask about too. It's not been too much time since we started talking in lesson, but I also think there's a little bit of banter going on because when I made a joke about doing something else (another task in the work), she asked me if I'll do it with her. Body language wise, it's pretty mixed. She does face me and look directly at me when I speak, sometimes turning her entire body to face me - but she does this with her girl friends too. She's a naturally sociable person in the lesson anyways as she talks to her friends a lot, but haven't seen her talk to other people but maybe she only talks to me because we're sat together.

Any insights?
Reply 1
You can often trust your instinct in this sort of thing. You could always try the ambiguous date strategy of suggesting coffee or meeting up for a group activity and see how this lands
Reply 2
Original post by undefined
You can often trust your instinct in this sort of thing. You could always try the ambiguous date strategy of suggesting coffee or meeting up for a group activity and see how this lands

Idk if I can. I feel like there's some good signs, but it's hard to tell what it actually is without overanalysing as it really could just be friendliness / because she's sat next to me. The ambiguous date strategy could be useful, but way too early right now I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending