I don't know
University of York
York
Original post by Silver Elephant
Based at york too !!

Yay! is this your firm choice?
Original post by MA1998
I don't know

If you dont want to study biomedical science then i'd strongly suggest that you take a gap year and reapply.

I know... it's easy said than done... as you have to go through all the torture of doing ukcat, ps and interviews again :frown:

But hey, i wish you the best of luck and hopefully you will get into medicine! :smile:

And remember, the only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down so dont let the rejections take away your dream of studying medicine!
Original post by Phoenix_96
I've all my fingers crossed for you truly, I really hope you hear back tomorrow. Anxiety is awful. Good luck mate!!!!

thank you it helps that you're rooting for me :smile: i'm not up for getting any more rejections after last year and this is really gonna put a damper on my sheffield and southampton interviews if i get rejected, so fingers crossed!
Original post by MA1998
I don't know

if it's any help i got 4 rejections last year and ended up having a gap year instead of doing biomedical science. It was a bit hellish doing my personal statement and UKCAT again but i found they were much better this time round (about 650 and band 2 last year to 720 band 1 this year) and hull-york haven't got back to me yet and the gap year is very boring but it will be worth it in the end! if you really want to boost your chances of getting in then a gap year might be the answer! i was in the exact same position as you last year :smile:
Hi guys, I received an offer today :yep: at 16:43, so must be something to do with server. My interview on was on Dec 15 and didn't think it went too well so hang in there! Hopefully anyone who didn't hear today gets an offer tomorrow :goodluck:!
Reply 786
Original post by The Sikh Surgeon
If you dont want to study biomedical science then i'd strongly suggest that you take a gap year and reapply.

I know... it's easy said than done... as you have to go through all the torture of doing ukcat, ps and interviews again :frown:

But hey, i wish you the best of luck and hopefully you will get into medicine! :smile:

And remember, the only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down so dont let the rejections take away your dream of studying medicine!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Now I just have to calm down and try to think of an alternative route. I guess it's not the end of my life if I didn't get into medicine this year.
Original post by MA1998
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Now I just have to calm down and try to think of an alternative route. I guess it's not the end of my life if I didn't get into medicine this year.

Np :smile:
Yep that's the right mindset. Try getting feedback from all your unis and use this to see what you need to improve on and I'm sure you'll make it next year!

GOOD LUCK! 😊
Reply 788
Original post by buckeybarnes
if it's any help i got 4 rejections last year and ended up having a gap year instead of doing biomedical science. It was a bit hellish doing my personal statement and UKCAT again but i found they were much better this time round (about 650 and band 2 last year to 720 band 1 this year) and hull-york haven't got back to me yet and the gap year is very boring but it will be worth it in the end! if you really want to boost your chances of getting in then a gap year might be the answer! i was in the exact same position as you last year :smile:

Thank you. I guess this situation is not unusual. I will definitely consider a gap year now.
Original post by Barbie1998
Yay! is this your firm choice?

I don't know yet got two interviews left and one more to hear from after interview so depends if I am lucky enough to get any more offers 😊 How about you ?
Reply 790
Np :smile:
Yep that's the right mindset. Try getting feedback from all your unis and use this to see what you need to improve on and I'm sure you'll make it next year!

GOOD LUCK! 😊

Thank you. Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 791
Original post by Orangeflower6
The international students already know where they're going as they were allowed to choose I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh yeah haha thanks! i'm on the verge of going crazy i swear :colondollar:
Reply 792
omg i don't have the guts to check my track!!! I won't be able to face a rejection after 4 pre-interview ones last year :frown:

To people who got offers, did you get an email or was it only updated on track?
Original post by AZ98
omg i don't have the guts to check my track!!! I won't be able to face a rejection after 4 pre-interview ones last year :frown:

To people who got offers, did you get an email or was it only updated on track?

Send me ya track details and ill check for you if you want (jk :tongue:)

Yh it only came on track. An email came like 2 hours later :colonhash:
Reply 794
Original post by MedSchoolHope4
Offer. After 3 years and a whole degree as well. I got an offer.

Oh wow, a huge well done to you!!! I can't even imagine how happy you must be right now!
Reply 795
Send me ya track details and ill check for you if you want (jk :tongue:)

Yh it only came on track. An email came like 2 hours later :colonhash:

HAHAHAA omg maybe i actually should. At least i'll be out of my misery :hahaha:

Okay, i've checked my emails and nothing. Looks like i'm just going to have to bite my tongue and log in.

I'M GONNA DO IT

If i don't come back for a while, i'm probably locked in my room having a huge crying session
Original post by AZ98
HAHAHAA omg maybe i actually should. At least i'll be out of my misery :hahaha:

Okay, i've checked my emails and nothing. Looks like i'm just going to have to bite my tongue and log in.

I'M GONNA DO IT

If i don't come back for a while, i'm probably locked in my room having a huge crying session

Awwe no dont do that 😳😂

Let us know... im sure you've got an offer :wink:
Reply 797
Oh dang, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! No update whatsoever :frown:
I got myself so worked up for no reason, my heart is still beating at 200bpm
Are post interview rejections being sent out now?
CONGRATS!

Can i just ask... what was the exact time your offer came?

Thank you so much!! And surprise surprise, 16:42😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending