The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Hull-York Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manlike99
Yeah I know about that... still lacking compared to other schools.

which schools would you rank on top for great medical facilities?
University of York
York
Original post by TracyEmu
which schools would you rank on top for great medical facilities?

From the ones I applied to, Newcastle and BL. I applied to HYMS and Manchester as well as I was confident that I'd get interviews there and I just wanted one offer - somewhere to study medicine.
From the ones I applied to, Newcastle and BL. I applied to HYMS and Manchester as well as I was confident that I'd get interviews there and I just wanted one offer - somewhere to study medicine.

where are you studying now?
where are you studying now?

BL. I got 4 offers and firmed BL and insured Newcastle.
BL. I got 4 offers and firmed BL and insured Newcastle.

which medical school is BL??
which medical school is BL??

Barts and The London
why do you think that the facilities aren't great? Did you go to their open day?

i am actually at hyms and it is brill
Original post by Dolly_ogun

which campus are you based at?

I completely agree with what @manlike99 said, this person probably is only at HYMS as it was their only offer

DOI: I'm an Imperial medic
Original post by epistasis
I completely agree with what @manlike99 said, this person probably is only at HYMS as it was their only offer

why do you personally think the facilities are not great?
why do you personally think the facilities are not great?

pretty much what the other guy said, there is just so little compared to other universities
pretty much what the other guy said, there is just so little compared to other universities

What facilities does imperial have that you think HYMS is lacking?

LOL this person got two interviews and two offers. this persons needs you to silence your ignorant self :smile:
which campus are you based at?

hull
hull

What do you about the new medical building?
What do you about the new medical building?

huh?
huh?

im sure that a new medical building was opened this September in Hull called the Allam building?! I'm a right!? lol lol
yhh! sorry i didnt understand what you said i think you missed a word ahaha. the medical school building is the best part of the campus it is really cute and lovely. hyms is great highlights being; the spiral curriculum and the weekly hospital and gp placements from week 3.ive learnt how to and have practiced cardiac, respiratory and abdo examination on real patients. my friends at ucl and birmingham dont get to do that until 3rd year. hyms is truly unique and great.
im sure that a new medical building was opened this September in Hull called the Allam building?! I'm a right!? lol lol
Went for mock interviews there, open day and post-offer holder day so three times. There just isn't much. Also you can't even watch half the lectures in person as they'll be on one campus and have to watch them on a screen and the signal can sometimes go off etc.

I just started here and the facilities are more than adequate. More importantly, the medical school is very organised in how it plans the modules to coordinate learning of clinical skills with clinical placements. It's also one of the only schools I've heard of that has you seeing real patients in Hospital within the first month of starting and gives such in-depth communication teaching.
Being actually in front of the lecturer really makes no difference at all and in fact, I watch most of them later anyway instead of going as it gives me more flexibility on how I work. There have never been any issues with it not connecting to the other site and they have a dedicated communications team that fix any issue very quickly. They also use a very effective online learning environment called blackboard for students to access resources like lecture slides as well as get information from staff about classes.

Then as you said the new facility in Hull is probably more sophisticated and new that any other in the UK. So what you say is not really relevant any longer.

I hope this helps clarify some things.
yhh! sorry i didnt understand what you said i think you missed a word ahaha. the medical school building is the best part of the campus it is really cute and lovely. hyms is great highlights being; the spiral curriculum and the weekly hospital and gp placements from week 3.ive learnt how to and have practiced cardiac, respiratory and abdo examination on real patients. my friends at ucl and birmingham dont get to do that until 3rd year. hyms is truly unique and great.

Any downside to the medical school or how it could be improved?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending