The Student Room Group

The 'Official' RAF Application Guide

Scroll to see replies

I am half way through the process as I wasn’t sure on University or going straight in - was just wondering if I could carry on the process currently (as I’ve already made progress ie passing the CBAT) and then if I am successful, holding that offer until after university. Thanks for your help😊
Original post by Drewski
As in, you've got an offer but now want to defer it while you go to uni?
Original post by daisybing
I am half way through the process as I wasn’t sure on University or going straight in - was just wondering if I could carry on the process currently (as I’ve already made progress ie passing the CBAT) and then if I am successful, holding that offer until after university. Thanks for your help😊

I'm 99% certain the answer is no, because offers are based on a moment in time, and Manning will have predicted your path through the service based on the recruiting needs at that moment.
@RAF_Adam, can you shed any current light?

Hi

Which role are you applying for/passed CBAT for?
And how long is the degree course you're looking to go onto?

It's unlikely you'll have a role held open for a full 3-4 years as entry into IOT and beyond is what is measured each year as Drewski has already advised. But I'll ask. I need the questions answered first though.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
I’ve applied for Intelligence Officer and my degree is a three year long course 😊
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

Which role are you applying for/passed CBAT for?
And how long is the degree course you're looking to go onto?

It's unlikely you'll have a role held open for a full 3-4 years as entry into IOT and beyond is what is measured each year as Drewski has already advised. But I'll ask. I need the questions answered first though.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
I’ve applied for Intelligence Officer and my degree is a three year long course 😊

Hi

I've just answered your questions elsewhere as we were having two conversations!

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 85
Hello, just wondering if someone is able to help me with this....

I contacted the RAF on their website about applying for IntO and explained that I have a hearing impairment and asked whether this would be an automatic bar. The advisor said it is unlikely to completely bar me, but this goes against everything I have read! Is anyone able to shed anymore light on this?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by fjthur
Hello, just wondering if someone is able to help me with this....

I contacted the RAF on their website about applying for IntO and explained that I have a hearing impairment and asked whether this would be an automatic bar. The advisor said it is unlikely to completely bar me, but this goes against everything I have read! Is anyone able to shed anymore light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

There's no way to be certain until you apply and take your medical. That's because the call centre aren't medically qualified to give you a definitive answer. That said, a hearing impairment is likely to be an issue at some point if applying for an Int role, due to the nature of the role itself.

But again, it's looked at during the medical and you'll be advised at that point. If you meet all of the entry and eligibility criteria listed on the role page you can submit an application.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
***A note for anyone applying for the RAF now and post April 2020***

As of April 2020 both RAF Cranwell and RAF Halton will be smoke-free stations, with no smoking allowed on any area within the station limits.

You should bear this in mind if you have CBAT/OASC or PRTC/PRFV (Pre Recruit Familiarization Visit) coming up. You will be advised accordingly in your Joining Instructions, so read everything you're sent carefully and thoroughly.

Adam
RAF Recruitment
Hey, I know it has been 4 years since you started this thread but I wondering if you could still answer my message. Are immigrants allowed to apply for the RAF? And if not, what are we supposed to do inorder to apply.
Thanks for all of your work putting this together. My nephew is considering an RAF career (starting GCSE's in September so we are really thinking ahead but Grandfather was an RAF pilot and thoroughly enjoyed his 30+ years of service) so it's really useful to know the process. Please keep posting!
Hi all,

Does anyone have any update info on the recruitment / training for NCC (ATC)?

Im rejoining after serving 8 years in the Army (different branch).

There's a lot of conflicting information on here ref this trade. Id really like to hear from anyone who's going through training or has recently qualified!

Many thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest