The Student Room Group

RAF Residency

Hi All,
In short, the RAF are very clear about requiring 5 years residency in the UK for the role I am interested in. However, I spent a year in the living in the UAE during this time.
I have heard of people receiving waivers for spending time abroad provided they have a police report, which I do have.
But realistically, am I wasting my time even considering this, especially given I was living in the UAE? Hoping someone with experience on here can guide…
Ta!
Original post by LiamH1998
Hi All,
In short, the RAF are very clear about requiring 5 years residency in the UK for the role I am interested in. However, I spent a year in the living in the UAE during this time.
I have heard of people receiving waivers for spending time abroad provided they have a police report, which I do have.
But realistically, am I wasting my time even considering this, especially given I was living in the UAE? Hoping someone with experience on here can guide…
Ta!

You need to make an application and have a conversation. It depends on your specific circumstances, why you were there, when you were there, where you were living etc. It also depends a bit on how recruitment is going for the branch/trade you want to enter and how much effort they need to go to you get you in!

Quick Reply

Latest