The Student Room Group

EPQ - Medicine Related EPQ Questions & Advice

Hi iam doing EPQ this year. I had a few question. I want to go and study medicine at university and therefore wanted to do something related to medicine. I very interested in steam cells and can see myself working in a field related to steam cells. However, after having a look at TSR most people are saying stem cells themselves are very overused. Can some of you suggest me areas of topic / EPQ questions which i can explore for my EPQ.

Thanks
Jayesh
Reply 1
Original post by jqasmine
its stem cells cant even spell, are u sure u passed English?

why are you being rude?

" its stem cells cant even spell, are u sure u passed English?"

would you like it if i pull out all the grammatical nonsense in this sentence?
I'd recommend doing something that you enjoy researching that is unrelated to medicine, then combine it with medicine, and show the evolution of this in your logbook. It shows clear thinking, and also shows universities you have wider interests but are still drawn to medicine nevertheless. So I love music, and so I decided to combine the idea of music and why it sounds good to the idea of using music to help the brain and help patients. I showed how my focus shifted to the medical side.

You do realise it's more than likely to have been a typo. Here you are on a thread which requires an answer and you are being everything but helpful.
Reply 6
I would say definitely pick something that enthuses you, having just completed my EPQ today I would say that I would not have enjoyed it at all if I had not chosen a topic of specific interest to me. If this topic is medically related, all the better for it, but reiterating what Uni12345678 said, it is not of paramount importance to have a solely medically related title.

Try researching a bit about stem cells and see if something catches your eye. Try here: http://www.explorestemcells.co.uk/ if you don't know where to start. It's not the end of the world if you change your title throughout the course of the EPQ, it should be adapted as you go along. A word of warning though, I found the inability to gain enough primary data on my project (a sciences based title) to be a major hindrance, as I did not have access to a genetics lab :frown:

I got 3A*s in lit lang and iGCSE. If you are trying to find out if I'm incompetent then the answer is no. Besides the reason I made the error was because I was in a rush. People have things to do with their lives. Not everyone spends their time pointing out other peoples mistakes on TSR.
Thanks to everyone who replied. I have decided to do my EPQ on Depression as it's something I have experienced personally and I am passionate about it. Thanks for all your help again. You guys are the best.
what grade did you get for the EPQ on this by taking this approach?

Latest

Trending

Trending