The Student Room Group

Marketing or Marketing & Advertising Degree - Is there really much of a difference?

Idk if this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if there is a difference between a general marketing degree and the marketing and advertising degree. I'm quite interested in marketing and advertising, so originally thought it would be better to go with that degree, but is a general marketing degree just as good?
Depends on your university's course specification.

I assume the 'marketing' element of both degree's will be the same, same lectures, same tutorials, the only difference being with the 1st degree you have the option to choose your modules. Whereas with the 2nd degree your modules are already chosen for you (advertising).

hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire
Reply 2
Original post by hamzaahmad786
Depends on your university's course specification.

I assume the 'marketing' element of both degree's will be the same, same lectures, same tutorials, the only difference being with the 1st degree you have the option to choose your modules. Whereas with the 2nd degree your modules are already chosen for you (advertising).

hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire

Thanks, this makes more sense now.
Reply 3
Original post by AGJ1999
Idk if this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if there is a difference between a general marketing degree and the marketing and advertising degree. I'm quite interested in marketing and advertising, so originally thought it would be better to go with that degree, but is a general marketing degree just as good?

Hiya,
I'm a first year student studying marketing at Bournemouth University! I would say that a marketing and advertising degree will be more focused on advertising which would be good if you wanted to go into advertising after University! I would say take a look at the units in each of the courses - Check this at all university's you are considering studying at though as they can differ depending on university, and see what you think looks most appealing to you!

If you have any more questions about marketing or anything, let me know! - Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending