The Student Room Group

A100 St. Andrews Medicine - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
St Andrews rank people using the following criteria: Interview UKCAT Personal Statement Reference Academic Record From what I remember all of the above criteria are very equal when they were being weighted.

Off the top of my head interview was 20%, reference was 15%, personal statement was 15%, academic record was 30%, and UKCAT was 20%. (UKCAT may be the one with 30%, can't fully remember).

Source: St Andrews prospectus, and conversation with admissions lady after my interview
I've kinda just been expecting to hear back first week of March - is this what everyone else is thinking too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Original post by Karmaic
St Andrews rank people using the following criteria: Interview UKCAT Personal Statement Reference Academic Record From what I remember all of the above criteria are very equal when they were being weighted.

Off the top of my head interview was 20%, reference was 15%, personal statement was 15%, academic record was 30%, and UKCAT was 20%. (UKCAT may be the one with 30%, can't fully remember).

Source: St Andrews prospectus, and conversation with admissions lady after my interview

I think this is how they used to do it but now, as stated above, it's purely interview with UKCAT being used to differentiate between candidates with the same interview score 😁
Reply 183
Original post by hannahluntana
I've kinda just been expecting to hear back first week of March - is this what everyone else is thinking too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think first or second week of march is when they've come out in previous years. I really hope they decide to give offers out sooner this year, waiting is unbearable!
Original post by Euan1603
I think first or second week of march is when they've come out in previous years. I really hope they decide to give offers out sooner this year, waiting is unbearable!

I've heard they are still interviewing in March so it might be closer to the end of March before we hear anything.
Reply 185
I got a post interview offer today lol omg
Original post by zmlk

Wow, congrats! When was your interview and how did you think it went?
Original post by zmlk

Original post by Cave Felem

Also are you Scottish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Original post by Cave Felem

Thank you!! It was January 19th I think? And it went pretty well imo like it felt like some of the interviewers quite liked me but some stations obvs were a bit...weird, and I didn't get to finish one of the stations either so I had kiinda mixed feelings but it did feel like it went well overall at the time!
Reply 189
Original post by Science_Girl
Also are you Scottish?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm international
Original post by zmlk
No I'm international

:cry: You got my hopes up there...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do international offers come out before U.K. / Scottish ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Original post by Science_Girl
:cry: You got my hopes up there...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sozz haha i haven't heard anyone else say anything abt getting an offer yet so I'm not sure if they've started giving them out to home students as well? I think they give out their offers in batches all throughout March as well not sure xx
Just received an email about scholarship and funding, that's just mean
Reply 194
Original post by medappislong
Just received an email about scholarship and funding, that's just mean

Check ur email again in a bit! Right before I got my notification from track I got the same email about scholarships
Original post by zmlk
Check ur email again in a bit! Right before I got my notification from track I got the same email about scholarships

I think everyone who applied is receiving the email about scholarships and funding, not just those getting an offer (unfortunately 😢) I got my hope up earlier today when I got that email 😂😂
Reply 196
Original post by heather1379
I think everyone who applied is receiving the email about scholarships and funding, not just those getting an offer (unfortunately 😢) I got my hope up earlier today when I got that email 😂😂

Oh is it ok 😭 Well best of luck to everyone anyway!!
Just got an unconditional offer post interview too! Scottish applicant😆
Original post by Stephanieb667

Congrats!!!🎉

So are you on a gap year then if it's an unconditional???
Reply 199
Original post by Stephanieb667

That's brilliant! Do you mind posting your stats and when you had your interview 😁😁😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending