The Student Room Group

A100 St. Andrews Medicine - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SarahLindsey
Has anyone not heard from St Andrews yet? I've applied to Dundee, Glasgow, Aberdeen and St Andrews but so far only heard back from Dundee. Panic is starting to set in... :frown:

I applied to the same places as you but I haven't heard anything from anywhere yet 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone not heard from St Andrews yet? I've applied to Dundee, Glasgow, Aberdeen and St Andrews but so far only heard back from Dundee. Panic is starting to set in... :frown:

Ive applied to the same universities except for Dundee (Edinburgh in my case). Haven't heard from any of them :/
Reply 22

I've not heard, anxiously waiting. I've applied to the same unis as you if you swap Glasgow for Edinburgh. I've got an interview at Dundee and Aberdeen but St. Andrews is my no.1 choice so the wait is unreal, but apparently they interview right up to march so we could be waiting a long time!
Original post by Euan1603
I've not heard, anxiously waiting. I've applied to the same unis as you if you swap Glasgow for Edinburgh. I've got an interview at Dundee and Aberdeen but St. Andrews is my no.1 choice so the wait is unreal, but apparently they interview right up to march so we could be waiting a long time!

Ahh!! So much stress, I'm literally refreshing my email every 10 minutes!
Reply 24
Ahh!! So much stress, I'm literally refreshing my email every 10 minutes!

It's not even funny! How did u do in your UKCAT because I know they give interviews based on UKCAT and from what I've read, only interviews have been given to applicants with >700. I got 680 so I really hope I hear soon!
It's not even funny! How did u do in your UKCAT because I know they give interviews based on UKCAT and from what I've read, only interviews have been given to applicants with >700. I got 680 so I really hope I hear soon!

Doesn't look too promising for me then, my average is only 663 and the chances are that won't make the cut. I knew St Andrews was a risk (tbh most unis are with my score) but I was between there and Edinburgh for my last choice. 😕
Reply 26
Doesn't look too promising for me then, my average is only 663 and the chances are that won't make the cut. I knew St Andrews was a risk (tbh most unis are with my score) but I was between there and Edinburgh for my last choice. 😕

I wouldn't worry. I found this on their website

"For 2016 entry the lowest UKCAT score for applicants called to interview was 2400; in the new scoring range for the 2016 sitting of the test, that equates to about 1800. For 2017 entry, we won't know the likely UKCAT scores for those to be called to interview until we have assessed all applications."

So assuming it's going to be similar to last year, you should be fine with 663! As long as u meet the academic and work experience requirements, they use the UKCAT to determine who gets an interview.

Then we're in the same boat ^^ my score is 666. Let's hope for the best 🤗

I haven't heard back from any yet so defo starting to worry:frown:

EDIT: I have applied to the same unis as you if you swap Glasgow for Edinburgh
(edited 7 years ago)
I wouldn't worry. I found this on their website

"For 2016 entry the lowest UKCAT score for applicants called to interview was 2400; in the new scoring range for the 2016 sitting of the test, that equates to about 1800. For 2017 entry, we won't know the likely UKCAT scores for those to be called to interview until we have assessed all applications."

So assuming it's going to be similar to last year, you should be fine with 663! As long as u meet the academic and work experience requirements, they use the UKCAT to determine who gets an interview.

What are the work experience requirements?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received an interview for January 6th today! Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by Cave Felem
Received an interview for January 6th today! Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Ive heard nothing yet, what were your stats?
God knows how but I've got an interview for the 6th of January!
Congrats! Ive heard nothing yet, what were your stats?

Cheers mate! I have the same UKCAT as you, 680 average. 12A*s at GCSE, 2A*s and an A achieved at A2. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Cheers mate! I have the same UKCAT as you, 680 average. 12A*s at GCSE, 2A*s and an A achieved at A2. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one! Fingers crossed I'll hear something soon
Original post by asdfghjkl2609
God knows how but I've got an interview for the 6th of January!

Nice! Why, didn't you expect to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice! Why, didn't you expect to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really flopped my UKCAT with a Band 4 SJT. It makes me sound like the Hitler of all future doctors!
(edited 7 years ago)
I have a UKCAT of 670, St. Andrews is my absolute first choice, how much of a chance do I stand? :s-smilie:
I got 653 average so I'm in a sinking ship right now - I got band one tho and 8A* 2As at GCSE all As at AS and predicted A*A*A and A* in EPQ so I literally have my fingers and toes all crossed
Original post by piggypenguin
I got 653 average so I'm in a sinking ship right now - I got band one tho and 8A* 2As at GCSE all As at AS and predicted A*A*A and A* in EPQ so I literally have my fingers and toes all crossed

i feel ya, got 663 in ukcat but 8A* at gcse and everyone at my school has an offer but me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending