The Student Room Group

A100 St. Andrews Medicine - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cave Felem
Wishing you lots of good luck! How did you think your interview went?

Thank you! Have you heard back yet? It was my first one so I thought that I came across quite nervous and less confident than I usually am but I thought the majority of questions were fine I guess! I didn't leave thinking that I should have said more so I guess it went okay :smile: hoping my sjt band one helps me haha
Original post by rachhxxx
Thank you! Have you heard back yet? It was my first one so I thought that I came across quite nervous and less confident than I usually am but I thought the majority of questions were fine I guess! I didn't leave thinking that I should have said more so I guess it went okay :smile: hoping my sjt band one helps me haha

No worries! I'm fortunate enough to have an offer- St A is most probably my first choice too. I was in the exact same situation as you, so don't worry! I was a ball of nerves and I did come out thinking I could have said more... Having your first choice uni as your first interview is hard. I was sure I hadn't done enough to get an offer, so don't worry! I was SJT 1 also, which I'm sure will count in your favour too! Good luck once again!
This wait is honestly killing me 💔 I've already been rejected from Aberdeen on Wednesday and another one would be so horrible, especially because St. Andrews is my first choice 😔

St Andrews is my first choice and was my first interview too 😔 I didn't think it went too badly, but compared to my other interviews I was really nervous and that came across, I just want an offer I've never wanted anything as bad as Medicine @ St Andrews before ☹️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone fancy making an offer holders' page on on Facebook?
Original post by hannahluntana
St Andrews is my first choice and was my first interview too 😔 I didn't think it went too badly, but compared to my other interviews I was really nervous and that came across, I just want an offer I've never wanted anything as bad as Medicine @ St Andrews before ☹️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I completely understand I'm the same! The Wait is awful isn't it :frown: what pathway did you apply to?
I know I completely understand I'm the same! The Wait is awful isn't it :frown: what pathway did you apply to?

N - either scottish or english! thought it might boost my chances of getting an offer 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you know which pathway you're on, I can't tell from ucas? Thanks :smile:
so I emailed admissions and offers may continue to end of march.
Rejected at 4:50 😢 My interview was on the 19th of December
Original post by Bethyy99
Rejected at 4:50 😢 My interview was on the 19th of December

Sorry to hear that, good luck with your other choices. In the event you don't get into any medical schools, but you are set on medicine, I would encourage you to reapply. Last year I only got 1 interview for medicine, but in the end my poor grades and UKCAT sunk me and I didn't get any offers apart from my back up. I wavered for a while, but I soon had the strength to recognise that my heart wasn't in my back up choice - my heart was in medicine-, so I decided to reapply confident in the knowledge that even if this year was to be futile in getting me into medicine then I would still live my life happily knowing that I gave everything I could towards achieving my dream and I would have reached I point where I would have the serenity to recognise that I cannot change that. But, fortunately, after taking a year out to reapply, I have now have an offer for medicine at St Andrews! Anyone who reads this that has any questions about reapplying to medicine, please don't hesitate to contact me, I'm very happy to help.
Original post by Maestro Michael
Sorry to hear that, good luck with your other choices. In the event you don't get into any medical schools, but you are set on medicine, I would encourage you to reapply. Last year I only got 1 interview for medicine, but in the end my poor grades and UKCAT sunk me and I didn't get any offers apart from my back up. I wavered for a while, but I soon had the strength to recognise that my heart wasn't in my back up choice - my heart was in medicine-, so I decided to reapply confident in the knowledge that even if this year was to be futile in getting me into medicine then I would still live my life happily knowing that I gave everything I could towards achieving my dream and I would have reached I point where I would have the serenity to recognise that I cannot change that. But, fortunately, after taking a year out to reapply, I have now have an offer for medicine at St Andrews! Anyone who reads this that has any questions about reapplying to medicine, please don't hesitate to contact me, I'm very happy to help.

Thank you for the encouragement and well done for getting an offer!! I have offers from Newcastle and Leeds so I'm in a pretty good position anyway I just like St. Andrews
Got rejected earlier - not too fussed though as I've got an offer from Leeds already. Onwards!
Reply 392
Hi guys,

My stats are:
A level: ABC (A in chemisry)
UKCAT: 620
I'm currently studying a Bsc in Medical Genetics In Queen Mary University of London

My stats aren't the best. Howveevr, I was fortunate enough to receive an offer today for medicine at St. Andrews, This just shows that it isn’t impossible for people to get into medicine. Keep aiming and working hard. All the best to everyone :smile:
Original post by Bethyy99
Thank you for the encouragement and well done for getting an offer!! I have offers from Newcastle and Leeds so I'm in a pretty good position anyway I just like St. Andrews

Thanks, you're welcome. Congratulations on Leeds and Newcastle, I was considering applying to Leeds because I really liked the look of the school and the clinical opportunities nearby, but I decided to stick to Scottish medical schools for the free tuition. It's perhaps the only good thing about having a stinking SNP government.
Original post by asdfghjkl2609
Got rejected earlier - not too fussed though as I've got an offer from Leeds already. Onwards!

Congratulations on Leeds, sorry to hear about St Andrews. Leeds is a great medical school 😁
Original post by pulliwa
Hi guys,

My stats are:
A level: ABC (A in chemisry)
UKCAT: 620
I'm currently studying a Bsc in Medical Genetics In Queen Mary University of London

My stats aren't the best. Howveevr, I was fortunate enough to receive an offer today for medicine at St. Andrews, This just shows that it isn’t impossible for people to get into medicine. Keep aiming and working hard. All the best to everyone :smile:

A huge congratulations to you, as a gap year re applicant who holds an offer for St Andrews too, I wholeheartedly agree that tenacity certainly pays off 😁
Got an offer finally :smile:
Original post by HMarles
Got an offer finally :smile:

Congratulations 😁🍀
Original post by Maestro Michael
Congratulations 😁🍀

Thanks! Didn't think I'd get one as St Andrews was my first interview and was soo nervous for it. Plus I got nicer grades than for my Exeter offer which is a bonus.
Just found this thread, not sure how I missed it. Just wanted to drop by and say, I recently graduated from St Andrews (now at my clinical school) so if anyone has any questions about the course or any aspect of St Andrews life, I'd be happy to answer :smile:

Can't comment on the admissions process though, it's changed since I applied. Never did I think St Andrews would adopt the MMI format!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending