The Student Room Group

A100 St. Andrews Medicine - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Got my interview at about 1 today!

Stats are:
AAAAB at Higher
AB at Advanced Higher and B at crashed Higher
713 band 1 UKCAT
Got an interview at 2 today😂💖 653 UKCAT band 1 8A* 2As GCSE all As at AS predicted A*A*A and A* in EPQ
Does anyone know how many offers are made compared to how many interview offers?

Also how do St. Andrews make their final decision (what percentage interview, ukcat etc)

I can probably find this on their website somewhere but thought I'd ask here first:smile:
Interview at around 12:30 today!!

Nat 5s: 8 As
Highers: AAAAB (B in chemistry)
Adv Highers: predicted AAA
UKCAT: 660 band 1
Original post by Mr.McNuggets
cheers! congrats to you too, my interview is at 3:50 so I'm one of the last people interviewed on that day. not sure if that's good or bad but i reckon it won't be too terrible.

Congratulations! Same day and time for us, which tour are you going on? Being last makes it awkward
I wonder what order they're sending the interviews out in? My UKCAT was by no means outstanding but my interview is 10th Jan - I'd love to know how they decided who would get which interview date. Does anyone know? I thought it was the best UKCAT scores first.
Original post by hannolivia
I wonder what order they're sending the interviews out in? My UKCAT was by no means outstanding but my interview is 10th Jan - I'd love to know how they decided who would get which interview date. Does anyone know? I thought it was the best UKCAT scores first.

Yeah I'd like to know too, though it's probably in a random order... I saw on an earlier page that people with 663 average UKCAT have already attended interviews, while my UKCAT of 680 got me an invitation for Jan 6th. I'd guess it's not all based on UKCAT?
could you please let me know your UKCAT Score?
Original post by Steve1349
could you please let me know your UKCAT Score?

av 670, band 2!
I have an interview on 13th January
Got my interview tomorrow any last tips?? pleaseee anything? :smile:
Reply 71
UKCAT 750, graduate with 2.1. Feb 22nd interview
May I ask when did you receive your invitation for interview, please?Thanks
Reply 73
The 6th of December.

Apologies, got universities mixed up. The interview offer from St. Andrews is for the 13th of Jan
(edited 7 years ago)
Just had my interview today
Reply 75
Original post by Navyblue99
Just had my interview today

Congrats, that's an achievement in itself! How did u find it?
Had my interview today :smile: to anyone who hasn't had it there yet all the interviewers were really friendly so just relax and don't get too nervous there were no nasty people!
Reply 77
I only just found this thread but I thought I would reply to a few people:

They send out about 400 interviews and make aprox 200 offers so the ratio is pretty good.

I had an interview yesterday and had pretty mixed feelings, not sure about a few of the stations.

GCSE: 6A*, 4A, 1B
AS : 2A (Maths and Further Maths)
A2 predictions: A*A*A* (Maths, Chemistry, biology)
UKCAT: 770 average, UKCAT Band 2
Would someone who has already had their interview mind describing what it was like? Thank you so much!
Reply 79
Original post by hannolivia
Would someone who has already had their interview mind describing what it was like? Thank you so much!

I had mine yesterday at St Andrews. They tell you before that it is 6 stations of 6 minutes each. I'm not allowed to actually say exactly what the stations were, but I will say that it wasnt too bad but it was quite different to the other one I have already been to. Don't let any of the interviewers put you off because one of them was being intentionally difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending