The Student Room Group

What med schools should I apply to?

Greetings,

I am on my gap year and I am reapplying to medicine as I did not receive any offers during the last admissions cycle (rejections from Oxford, UCL, Leeds and Queen Mary's London). This year I want to apply to unis which I have a good chance of getting an offer based on my grades and UKcat (I'm not doing the BMAT, bad memories).

For my A level results I got an A* in chemistry and biology and an A in Maths. In the UKcat I got 590 in VR, 750 in QR and 870 in AR (still puzzled how I managed 870) with a band 2 in the SJT. My personal statement is alright and my work experience includes hospice volunteering and some GP work. Oh and I'm going to Tanzania for 8 weeks with projects abroad for my gap year.

I really like the look of Edinburgh and will most likely want to apply there but I wanted to ask you guys for some help in choosing the other 3.

Many thanks

P.S. would I be ill advised to apply to psychology as my 5th choice
Hi, your grades are amazing and your UKCAT is really good, Edinburgh definitely looks like a good option. Newcastle/ Durham, KCL, Queen Marys could all be good options too for your UKCAT.
I don't think you'll be ill-advised to put psychology as a fifth option, it's still related to science and application of such in a more social/ clinical setting and it won't impact your actual application to medical school...
Any particular reason why Edinburgh? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending