The Student Room Group

Tsp 2017

Scroll to see replies

I believe ICAS is the new course where people have extended leave from the office to study in blocks. It's only being piloted this year.

The standard course roughly equates to 50% work and 50% study as it has been for years now. Although it has been shortened from four years to three.
It said that we would be able to see feedback after the deadline, has anyone managed to check their scores?
Is the next stage a analytical test, or is it the assessment centre?
Original post by chunasandwich
Is the next stage a analytical test, or is it the assessment centre?

Think it is a video interview?
Reply 384
Stage 2 is an analysis test and a civil service situational judgement test. Stage 3 is the assessment centre

Original post by SirAlexFerguson
It said that we would be able to see feedback after the deadline, has anyone managed to check their scores?

From the Facebook page: "Due to the number of applicants, please note we do not provide feedback including test scores in respect of these stage 1 tests."
(edited 7 years ago)
The verbal cut me off after the panda question which I know I got wrong. But almost certain all of the other 9/10 were right. Still cutting me off at a wrong answer really doesnt bode well for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know when we find out if we are through to stage 2?
Reply 387
Original post by Sinope
Do you have more information about this? Who decides which option we do?

Original post by gingerwizard
Can you explain further what the other course is like. So it's nothing like what it (non icas) is at the moment where you have study days and college days each week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid that really is the limit of my knowledge on this. there isn't even anything in the powerpoint presentation I received. I cannot even guarantee the names of the courses. The new course is basically uni like with little work for extended months. Personally I would not choose it.

I was told we can choose.
Original post by Sinope
Stage 2 is an analysis test and a civil service situational judgement test. Stage 3 is the assessment centre

From the Facebook page: "Due to the number of applicants, please note we do not provide feedback including test scores in respect of these stage 1 tests."

In the FAQ is says:

"Within your application centre in CS Jobs, you will be provided with feedback about how well you have done after the deadline for completing the tests. It will not be possible to see your answers to specific items."

So I guess if we get some feedback most of us will ascertain whether we've made the cut before they officially tell us.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
In the FAQ is says:

"Within your application centre in CS Jobs, you will be provided with feedback about how well you have done after the deadline for completing the tests. It will not be possible to see your answers to specific items."

So I guess if we get some feedback most of us will ascertain whether we've made the cut before they officially tell us.

I've a feeling any feedback given will come alongside invites to stage 2, so don't think we will get a heads up in that way. Could be wrong, just a hunch.
Original post by Zyro
I'm afraid that really is the limit of my knowledge on this. there isn't even anything in the powerpoint presentation I received. I cannot even guarantee the names of the courses. The new course is basically uni like with little work for extended months. Personally I would not choose it.

I was told we can choose.

So there's no day release/one college day pw, manchester met tax degree you get at the end of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So there's no day release/one college day pw, manchester met tax degree you get at the end of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who cares if you're gonna get paid £47k at the end of it. I'd be happy to walk naked through the streets being pelted with tomatoes if they were going to pay me that .
Original post by oldboy2007
Who cares if you're gonna get paid £47k at the end of it. I'd be happy to walk naked through the streets being pelted with tomatoes if they were going to pay me that .

Haha yeah me to lmao
Original post by Suzey1983
Haha yeah me to lmao

Better than going to university for nothing . 47k oh yeah
Original post by hodgey111
Think it is a video interview?

I am pretty sure we will not be asked to video interview (thankfully!). On the job description there is a section in regards to the selection process:

Candidates successful at stage 1 will be invited to take stage 2 tests which may consist of an Analysis test and a Civil Service Situational Judgement Test. This will determine selection for stage 3 which will be an assessment centre. These will take place between 6th February and 3rd March 2017. You may be re-tested on your verbal and numerical skills.
Did anyone else feel their verbal test ended after an incorrect answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396
Did anyone else feel their verbal test ended after an incorrect answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That kinda begs the question - if you knew/thought it was incorrect, why did you submit it? Or was it just that you didn't know which was the correct answer?
Original post by Mallet
That kinda begs the question - if you knew/thought it was incorrect, why did you submit it? Or was it just that you didn't know which was the correct answer?

I thought the test was broken . I didn't want to put down "can't say" for the 7th time in a row . I'm someone else btw .
Reply 398
Original post by oldboy2007
I thought the test was broken . I didn't want to put down "can't say" for the 7th time in a row . I'm someone else btw .

Hmm. I see what you mean. Hedging your bets. So you either got them all right bar the last one, or all wrong bar the last one.
Original post by Mallet

Because i went against my better judgement after almost all were cannot say. Obviously at the time I wasnt 100% it was wrong...just after i thought about thr wording more and then realised. Besides i'm fairly certain thewe tests dont just end on a wrong answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending