The Student Room Group

Tsp 2017

Scroll to see replies

I'm a TSP16 and this is how it was at every single deadline last year. Absolutely nothing happened on time. Go have a cuppa/gin and eat some Christmas cake. There won't be many people in the office today so it could take a while.

Just think of it as prep for when you get on TSP and all your customers completely ignore your deadlines and you feel like you are herding bees 😂
I'll just get my game of tiddlywinks out with a stone in the corner it's erosion will tell me how long I have waited for the results to come out.
Wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything till after Xmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they don't resolve the issue today then I doubt we'll hear before Christmas. I work there and most of my team are finished already.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 584

Patience....
Original post by Poison__Pixie
If they don't resolve the issue today then I doubt we'all hear before Christmas. I work there and most of my team are finished already.

Most of my team are in! :smile:

I'm sure we'll get them before Christmas, even if it's to stop all of us putting comments on their Facebook page haha.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kneale

I'm sure we'll them before Christmas, even if it's to stop all of us putting comments on their Facebook page haha.

Are you a HO atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gingerwizard
Are you a HO atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

O, started a week last Wednesday. TSP2016 - passed stage 2 but didn't get through to stage 3.
Original post by Kneale

I'm sure we'll get them before Christmas, even if it's to stop all of us putting comments on their Facebook page haha.

Haha unlucky :u:. I finished up yesterday :biggrin:

It's the same with the Fast Track Apprenticeship scheme too. One of my friends found out she was successful in August and due to start October. That was pushed back until December. She had her induction late November and her manager processed her as a leaver. Less than a week before her start date, she got an email to say there was a further delay and were hoping to start them 'early January'. She still has no date.
Reply 589
Original post by Kneale
O, started a week last Wednesday. TSP2016 - passed stage 2 but didn't get through to stage 3.

Kneale, I'm the same. Applied last year but I didn't get to an assessment centre (They said I passed but not high enough to get an invite to an assessment centre........ What do they conceptualise as passing exactly?!). I got offered an O-band position as a result, so now I'm reapplying. But yeah, HMRC is still technically alive until Friday, tho a few people on my team are on leave.
Original post by Poison__Pixie
Haha unlucky :u:. I finished up yesterday :biggrin:

It's the same with the Fast Track Apprenticeship scheme too. One of my friends found out she was successful in August and due to start October. That was pushed back until December. She had her induction late November and her manager processed her as a leaver. Less than a week before her start date, she got an email to say there was a further delay and were hoping to start them 'early January'. She still has no date.

I finish tomorrow then not back in until 3rd Jan!

Yeah, these things take time unfortunately. I got offered this role mid-August and only started mid-December!
Original post by Snuffleupagusish
I'm a TSP16 and this is how it was at every single deadline last year. Absolutely nothing happened on time. Go have a cuppa/gin and eat some Christmas cake. There won't be many people in the office today so it could take a while.

Just think of it as prep for when you get on TSP and all your customers completely ignore your deadlines and you feel like you are herding bees 😂

Soooooo True.
Wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything till after Xmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 mins ago...

Important Information
If you submit a query to our Facebook Page and /or the Tax Academy Mailbox over the Christmas / New Year period, due to a limited service, we may not be able to respond to you within 5 working days of receipt.
We will aim to respond to you within 5 to 10 working days, so please take this into account when submitting your enquiry.

Thank You
**UPDATE**

Tristan is real, however, his application is still under review.
Given the sheer amount of people still waiting to hear back, it's clear not all of us still waiting will be successful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Given the sheer amount of people still waiting to hear back, it's clear not all of us still waiting will be successful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think there must have been a minimum score you had to reach for each test, those who didn't meet both minimums found out on Tuesday and everyone who did is yet to find out. But if 5,000 met the minimum and they want to take 3,000 through to stage 2 (for example) then that still leaves 3,000 people to receive successful emails and 2,000 people to receive unsuccessful emails.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
From my understanding thousands go through to the next stage, so I don't see why all those posting on here and on Facebook couldn't be the successful ones. I'm being optimistic I know, but better to look on the bright side :smile:
Original post by Lizzienicolax
I think there must have been a minimum score you had to reach for each test, those who didn't meet both minimums found out on Tuesday and everyone who did is yet to find out. But if 5,000 met the minimum and they want to take 3,000 through to stage 2 (for example) then that still leaves 3,000 people to receive successful emails and 2,000 people to receive unsuccessful emails.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still don't understand how it wasn't automated
Original post by oldboy2007

Taken from numerical/verbal test T&Cs:

'How will decisions be made on my test results?
After the deadline for completing the tests, HMRC will look at all applicants’ test scores to decide how many applicants will be invited to the next stage of the recruitment process. They will base their decision by taking expert advice on how high to set the pass mark, considering the number of available invitations to the next stage and the impact on protected groups.'

That explains why they can't do it automated.
Original post by oldboy2007

Surely it must be? I assumed it was a problem with the automated system- what that could be I don't know, I know nothing about IT!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending