The Student Room Group

Tsp 2017

Scroll to see replies

There was no numeracy on mine.
Original post by purple-girl
Just done it, I guess the feedback will be announced either after the deadline or when we're told whether we're successful...

It says on the FAQ:

"Once you have completed the test, you will receive an email from a&dc telling you that you are able to access feedback about how you performed on the test. This will not tell you whether you have passed the test, but it will tell you how well you performed on the test compared to a relevant comparison group. It will not be possible to see answers to specific test items."

So this also hasn't happened?
Original post by TheRangers
It says on the FAQ:

"Once you have completed the test, you will receive an email from a&dc telling you that you are able to access feedback about how you performed on the test. This will not tell you whether you have passed the test, but it will tell you how well you performed on the test compared to a relevant comparison group. It will not be possible to see answers to specific test items."

So this also hasn't happened?

Yep, no email from A&DC...
Yep, no email from A&DC...

That's really poor, seems like information in FAQ is wrong for this stage and second part of stage 1.

How long did it take you out of interest?
That's really poor, seems like information in FAQ is wrong for this stage and second part of stage 1.

How long did it take you out of interest?

About half an hour, maybe a bit less? Found it pretty difficult tbh but can only wait and see what happens
About half an hour, maybe a bit less? Found it pretty difficult tbh but can only wait and see what happens

Thanks, good luck!

There's a contact email if you want to chase it up: [email protected] - also a telephone number in link in email.
Reply 786
It says your results will be released on 11th and you'll find out if your successful or not on 16th
Original post by Mhezz
It says your results will be released on 11th and you'll find out if your successful or not on 16th

"Separately, you will receive an email from your Civil Service jobs account telling you if you have passed the test or not and what will happen next with your application."

From that along with what I quoted earlier I would expect to receive the percentile on completion of the test, pass/fail on 11th (which I would consider to be the 'result') and notification if successful on 16th.

If that's not the case they should be reviewing the FAQ.
Can I ask how many questions you have answered?
Is this one still adaptive and we will have different numbers of questions?

Just done it, I guess the feedback will be announced either after the deadline or when we're told whether we're successful...
Original post by swallowyun
Can I ask how many questions you have answered?
Is this one still adaptive and we will have different numbers of questions?

Nope, this one isn't adaptive, just a straight 20 questions
Reply 790
"Separately, you will receive an email from your Civil Service jobs account telling you if you have passed the test or not and what will happen next with your application."

From that along with what I quoted earlier I would expect to receive the percentile on completion of the test, pass/fail on 11th (which I would consider to be the 'result':wink: and notification if successful on 16th.

If that's not the case they should be reviewing the FAQ.

That is what I said??? on the 11th you will be given your 'result' and on 16th you will be advised if you have been successful or not.

I don't see how we can be given immediate percentile scores if not all candidates have taken the test yet? or do they not work it out based on the candidates who have taken the test?
Original post by Mhezz
That is what I said??? on the 11th you will be given your 'result' and on 16th you will be advised if you have been successful or not.

I don't see how we can be given immediate percentile scores if not all candidates have taken the test yet? or do they not work it out based on the candidates who have taken the test?

'Your score is compared to a “norm group” of people who have taken the same test previously, to create what’s known as a percentile score. The representative group that you have been compared to is a Public Sector Graduate Applicants (n=1,119) at a comparable level of responsibility to the vacancy'.

I don't know what (n=1,119) means but were not being compared to each other. Rather were being compared to a group of people who have done the test previously so the system should be able to calculate your percentile almost immediately.
Reply 792
Original post by ashleigh1994

'Your score is compared to a “norm group” of people who have taken the same test previously, to create what’s known as a percentile score. The representative group that you have been compared to is a Public Sector Graduate Applicants (n=1,119) at a comparable level of responsibility to the vacancy'.

I don't know what (n=1,119) means but were not being compared to each other. Rather were being compared to a group of people who have done the test previously so the system should be able to calculate your percentile almost immediately.

ok, thank you. I have no idea why they would make us wait until the 11th then. However that is how I have always read it, that we wont get that score until the 11th.
Original post by Mhezz
ok, thank you. I have no idea why they would make us wait until the 11th then. However that is how I have always read it, that we wont get that score until the 11th.

Hey,

I honestly do not know where people have gotten the idea that on the 11th they will receive their results(percentile score), where did you see this if you don't mind me asking?
The email states ' when you complete the test your status in your Civil Service Jobs account will not update until the 11th January 2017 when it will show that we are awaiting the results'. and the FAQ states ' Once you have completed the test, you will receive an email from a&dc telling you that you are able to access feedback about how you performed on the test.'

My understanding of the whole thing is

11th Jan - civil service status changes from 'invite to online test' to 'awaiting test results'

16th - Results day

However a&dc should also send a separate email providing us with feedback on how we performed on the test, however no date was given as to when this would be.
Reply 794
Hey,

I honestly do not know where people have gotten the idea that on the 11th they will receive their results(percentile score), where did you see this if you don't mind me asking?
The email states ' when you complete the test your status in your Civil Service Jobs account will not update until the 11th January 2017 when it will show that we are awaiting the results'. and the FAQ states ' Once you have completed the test, you will receive an email from a&dc telling you that you are able to access feedback about how you performed on the test.'

11th Jan - civil service status changes from 'invite to online test' to 'awaiting test results'

16th - Results day

However a&dc should also send a separate email providing us with feedback on how we performed on the test, however no date was given as to when this would be.

come to think of it, I cant tell you where I got that from! I probably saw the 11th and ran away with it! Reading it again, I agree with you.
Reply 795

Hey,

16th - Results day

Give that person a job! Best analytical thinking and deductive reasoning on this forum!

n=1,119 would be the number of people in the 'norm group' that your results are being compared to.
Reply 797
Original post by Mallet
Give that person a job! Best analytical thinking and deductive reasoning on this forum!

...btw, I THINK "n=119" means the sample size (the "norm group") is 119 people.

I've no idea how it affects your chances if you're not called Norm though.
Original post by Kneale
n=1,119 would be the number of people in the 'norm group' that your results are being compared to.

Oh lol. That makes a lot of sense now. Thanks for clarifying:smile:
Original post by Mallet
...btw, I THINK "n=119" means the sample size (the "norm group":wink: is 119 people.

I've no idea how it affects your chances if you're not called Norm though.

I think you're right and it is the sample size

Goodluck with your test and results!!:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending