The Student Room Group

Have poor AS results ruined my application?

Basically, I massively under performed at AS and got BCC due to a couple of small personal reasons and just generally being unlucky (my results were not at all in line with my internal results throughout the year or my teachers' predictions).

Anyway, I have consistently been getting high A's this year in my subjects, as well as full marks in my English Lit coursework. My teacher's have predicted me AAA without me having to ask for the grades to be raised. Also, I have a very strong personal statement and I got 6 A*s and 4As at GCSE.

My question is, what level of universities should I bother applying to for politics and international relations? Would my disappointing AS results massively hinder my application or would my predicted grades mitigate them somewhat?
Are all of you AS results linear? Do any count towards your final grade?
Reply 2
Original post by Amynadia0033
Are all of you AS results linear? Do any count towards your final grade?

My politics grade is the only one that counts. I got a C in it but my teacher has sent it off for the script and a remark because I got high As in the 2015 papers that we did in class as mocks.
I think that the fact that your teacher's have predicted you so highly will ultimately mean you'll be fine in applying. Your performance at gcse is clearly indicative of very high academic ability. The fact that two of your grades don't actually count will also help.
Reply 4
Original post by Amynadia0033
I think that the fact that your teacher's have predicted you so highly will ultimately mean you'll be fine in applying. Your performance at gcse is clearly indicative of very high academic ability. The fact that two of your grades don't actually count will also help.

Thanks for the help, hopefully you're right :smile:
Bristol - they don't look at AS grades at all.
Some uni's are just interested in the A levels and a good personal statement and reference can do a lot of good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending