The Student Room Group

4th AS level failed

I am doing A-Levels internationally, therefore AS levels account for 50% of the grade. I just finished my 12th year and completed 4 AS subjects. My subjects are Maths, Physics, Economics and Computer Science. So, initially, I wasn't planning to carry on with comp.sc as I only wanted to try it out, putting the focus on the main 3 subjects. During the examination period, It was my last priority and i did a very small amount of revision compared to other subjects. I got a C for my mocks, but received a U for the official exam. Should I tryhard and attempt a resit in october or drop it and leave it behind since i dont need it? I am afraid that this grade in my record will ruin my chances at applying to Russell group universities. If I get great grades in my main 3 subjects, will that U stop me from going to top univeristies?
Original post by Lexy28237
I am doing A-Levels internationally, therefore AS levels account for 50% of the grade. I just finished my 12th year and completed 4 AS subjects. My subjects are Maths, Physics, Economics and Computer Science. So, initially, I wasn't planning to carry on with comp.sc as I only wanted to try it out, putting the focus on the main 3 subjects. During the examination period, It was my last priority and i did a very small amount of revision compared to other subjects. I got a C for my mocks, but received a U for the official exam. Should I tryhard and attempt a resit in october or drop it and leave it behind since i dont need it? I am afraid that this grade in my record will ruin my chances at applying to Russell group universities. If I get great grades in my main 3 subjects, will that U stop me from going to top univeristies?

Unis will only consider the results from your three A levels so focus on these to get the best grades you can. You will need to list all the exams you have taken but it won't affect your application.

Quick Reply

Latest