The Student Room Group

University of Exeter Admissions.

Hi, I have a contextual offer from exeter that's equivalent to ABB. I am currently doing Law and a double business Btech diploma. In business all my exams and coursework is now done and i believe I have either D*D* or D*D. In law I am currently predicted a C however am quite struggling with the revision process and exam mock papers. Does anyone think that If i even get a low grade in law that is either C or D that it will ruin my whole application even though I did so well in business. in simpler terms does the grades you don't meet matter if you excel in the other grades?
The grades do matter, as they don't just "average out" your results. If you got the equivalent of AAC for an ABB offer, you would not have met that offer so it would be up to the uni whether they accept you on results day as a near miss applicant. Which, they might, but they aren't required to.

That said I would think if you are struggling in a traditionally academic essay subject and doing well in your BTEC course, you may want to consider what degree programme would be best suited to your strengths and not only your interests. Law degrees are usually very academic with a lot of exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending