The Student Room Group

who are your tsr friendsssss?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruthie2267
haha my method is just to keep my expectations really really low; that way I either won't be disappointed or I'll be pleasantly surprised :P

do you have any offers already? i've got a reduced offer to southampton so at least I know I'll (most likely) be going to uni next year XD

That's what I'm trying to do, but when I have friends at the Uni, emails to get all of these forms done, and I'm already in love with the History course it's so hard. The only thing keeping me sane is my crippling insecurity because of my awfully bad grades. :biggrin:

I have one from Manchester! :biggrin: AAA or AAAB (with an A in EPQ)
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Shout out to my newest TSR friends

@Strimpy @Rachel58 @Ruthie2267

:dance: :dance: :dance:

(Even though we should all be rivals because we're applying to do the same course at the same Uni...) :wink:

:hugs:

and dw i'll make sure to sabotage you if it gets to interview :tongue:
*high five for being sore back twins, and AS result twins* I didn't realise we were AS result twins (I bet your GCSE results are better than mine!) :wink:

Did we ever ask where Strimpy was applying? :O

Original post by Rachel58
Oh no, we didn't, what if there's direct competition?!!?

dw guys i got allocated to homerton (open application) so you wont have to worry :tongue: (tho with the competition im gonna be bringing i dont think anybody is haha
Original post by Strimpy
:hugs:

and dw i'll make sure to sabotage you if it gets to interview :tongue:

You know what, I'll just stand outside your interview with Rupert annuals and distract you :')
You know what, I'll just stand outside your interview with Rupert annuals and distract you :':wink:

nooo pls, it would make me go so off topic in the interview haha

tho tbh i think you've already done the sabotaging on your own interview, when they start testing you on your dissertation level reading :wink:
Original post by Strimpy
dw guys i got allocated to homerton (open application) so you wont have to worry :tongue: (tho with the competition im gonna be bringing i dont think anybody is haha

:zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg:
Original post by Strimpy
nooo pls, it would make me go so off topic in the interview haha

tho tbh i think you've already done the sabotaging on your own interview, when they start testing you on your dissertation level reading :wink:

Well I mean, they can test me all they want, I'm 100% authentic so we'll just have a nice in-depth discussion about the influence of the Protestant Reformation on modernity :wink:
Original post by Strimpy
dw guys i got allocated to homerton (open application) so you wont have to worry (tho with the competition im gonna be bringing i dont think anybody is haha

:zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg:

*distant booing*

haha ^ literally the reaction of anyone i told i was doing an open application lol had to spend about half an hour trying to convince my sixth form admissions adminstrator that it wasnt gonna be the end of the world lol

but tbh all the colleges are amazing, i'll take whoever will have me just accept me pls
Original post by Strimpy
haha ^ literally the reaction of anyone i told i was doing an open application lol had to spend about half an hour trying to convince my sixth form admissions adminstrator that it wasnt gonna be the end of the world lol

but tbh all the colleges are amazing, i'll take whoever will have me just accept me pls

I'm really fussy - or as a personality test said, my best quality is my prudence - so I had to evaluate each college down to the finest detail and just happened to settle on the most difficult one :redface:
Well I mean, they can test me all they want, I'm 100% authentic so we'll just have a nice in-depth discussion about the influence of the Protestant Reformation on modernity :wink:

you keep telling yourself that when you find yourself sat opposite the world leading expert on Martin Luther in your interview :tongue:
Original post by Strimpy
you keep telling yourself that when you find yourself sat opposite the world leading expert on Martin Luther in your interview :tongue:

Martin Luther is one of my favourite Historical figures ever

I will literally grovel at their feet if they're the world leading expert on Martin Luther

I'm not even joking
*distant booing*

haha literally everyone i spoke to about it couldn't believe it, there's a culture of racism against open applicants!!!!

I'm really fussy - or as a personality test said, my best quality is my prudence - so I had to evaluate each college down to the finest detail and just happened to settle on the most difficult one :redface:

lol i do have to admit half the reason i went with an open application was because i was too lazy to properly research all the colleges :biggrin:
Original post by Strimpy
haha literally everyone i spoke to about it couldn't believe it, there's a culture of racism against open applicants!!!!

*booing intensifies*
Original post by Strimpy

lol i do have to admit half the reason i went with an open application was because i was too lazy to properly research all the colleges :biggrin:

My brother just applied to one randomly - he chose St Catz with no reason, he just randomly chose a name????
Tbh though, he only applied to Cambridge so he could turn them down.
My brother just applied to one randomly - he chose St Catz with no reason, he just randomly chose a name????
Tbh though, he only applied to Cambridge so he could turn them down.

Why did he want to turn them down? :P

My brother got rejected from like all of his unis first time around
Why did he want to turn them down? :P

My brother got rejected from like all of his unis first time around

To assert dominance over Cambridge, obviously.

Wow, quite an achievement there!
To assert dominance over Cambridge, obviously.

Wow, quite an achievement there!

Oh wow, quite the chip on his shoulder there! :wink:

Well to be honest, his AS Levels were like BCCDE or something.
Oh wow, quite the chip on his shoulder there! :wink:

Well to be honest, his AS Levels were like BCCDE or something.

Not really a chip, more an aspirational frame of mine.

Thats not so bad! My brothers were AAAAA so... :/

Quick Reply

Latest