The Student Room Group

OIA - good or bad experiences?

I am a final year student however i failed one of my exams and my appeal outcome was unsuccessful - they didn't accept my extenuating circumstance which was handed in after i discovered i failed - yep i know this is my own fault . I have an ongoing medical condition which the uni are well aware of. I feel like it was unfair the way they disregarded a legitimate medical note and was wondering whether going down the Office of Independent Adjudicator route would be a viable option.

My uni do offer another alternative to present relevant new material which would support my appeal - but i need good reason as to why it wasn't presented before.

What should i do?!!

Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by law1student123
I am a final year student however i failed one of my exams and my appeal outcome was unsuccessful - they didn't accept my extenuating circumstance which was handed in after i discovered i failed - yep i know this is my own fault . I have an ongoing medical condition which the uni are well aware of. I feel like it was unfair the way they disregarded a legitimate medical note and was wondering whether going down the Office of Independent Adjudicator route would be a viable option.

My uni do offer another alternative to present relevant new material which would support my appeal - but i need good reason as to why it wasn't presented before.

What should i do?!!

Any advice?

tell them you were unwell (possibly u were going through some treatment?) do you have any medical evidence which would reasonably justify your poor well-being during the exam time?
Yeah I handed in a medical note stating my symptoms had worsened during the exam period but they said there was no sufficient reason as to why it was handed in late

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending