The Student Room Group

I don't know if I should break up with her

Hey guys, I've been stuck on this question for a while now. It keeps popping up now and again and I've been thinking more about it as time goes by. I'm currently in a long distance relationship, we've been together for over 2 years having met at uni but she has moved back to her home in another country.

The plan is for me to move over there in a few years time but I don't think I can do it because the country isn't for me. There's hardly a thing I like about the country and at the moment I don't feel like I can live there happily even if we do stay together. So I don't feel like after 3 years have passed and I've been settled at my new home and job that I will want to do it either.

Also it may be because I'm a guy but I continuously think of other girls, as if I'm waiting for someone else to come around before I finish it with my girlfriend, but that's not the type of person I want to be. I mean I love my girlfriend and if she were to live over here I wouldn't be debating this but I don't think she will move over for similar reasons.

We still message everyday and skype on weekends but sometimes it feels annoying to talk and I don't feel like I want to. It's quite the opposite in person.

I feel like it's just a matter of time before it's over, am I right and should I just speed the process up so we don't get led on by each other?
If you are even considering breaking up with her, it's already a bad sign that the relationship is not good anymore. Ultimately, it's your choice though. Doesn't seem like a happy situation though. :smile: Good luck
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, I've been stuck on this question for a while now. It keeps popping up now and again and I've been thinking more about it as time goes by. I'm currently in a long distance relationship, we've been together for over 2 years having met at uni but she has moved back to her home in another country.

The plan is for me to move over there in a few years time but I don't think I can do it because the country isn't for me. There's hardly a thing I like about the country and at the moment I don't feel like I can live there happily even if we do stay together. So I don't feel like after 3 years have passed and I've been settled at my new home and job that I will want to do it either.

Also it may be because I'm a guy but I continuously think of other girls, as if I'm waiting for someone else to come around before I finish it with my girlfriend, but that's not the type of person I want to be. I mean I love my girlfriend and if she were to live over here I wouldn't be debating this but I don't think she will move over for similar reasons.

We still message everyday and skype on weekends but sometimes it feels annoying to talk and I don't feel like I want to. It's quite the opposite in person.

I feel like it's just a matter of time before it's over, am I right and should I just speed the process up so we don't get led on by each other?

You dont sound commoyed enough for 2 years or a lifetime. Pick your moment and tell her. You lover her but evidently not enough. As you say you already think about ther girls.
Reply 3
Sure thanks guys for the advice :smile:

No it's not a good situation but I wanted to see if it's more that I should try harder or if I should end it so that I don't waste her time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending