The Student Room Group

Withdrawing my application

I decided to use my fifth choice up for biochemistry at Nottingham but Ive just withdrawn my application because I feel like medicine is the only thing that interested me. I was wondering that this wouldn't affect my application would it?
Original post by studentsixth
I decided to use my fifth choice up for biochemistry at Nottingham but Ive just withdrawn my application because I feel like medicine is the only thing that interested me. I was wondering that this wouldn't affect my application would it?

Why do you think it would? Couldnt you find a fifth medical school?
Original post by 999tigger
Why do you think it would? Couldnt you find a fifth medical school?

You can only apply to four medicine courses - if you choose to apply to a fifth, it has to be another subjects (hence biochemistry - very common).
Also no OP, it won't :smile: Other universities cannot see where you've applied / if you've withdrawn applications from anywhere else.
Original post by loveire&song
You can only apply to four medicine courses - if you choose to apply to a fifth, it has to be another subjects (hence biochemistry - very common).

They wont care.
I believe they cant see anyway.
Original post by 999tigger
They wont care.
I believe they cant see anyway.

No - you physically can't apply to five courses for medicine, UCAS won't let you. Just like you physically can't apply to Oxford and Cambridge (for undergrad).

Why are you talking about something you clearly know nothing about...?
(edited 7 years ago)
You can only apply to four medical schools as it is. The other two choices can be used for non-medicine courses without prejudicing your applications for medicine. So there was really no need to withdraw from the Biochem - more to the point, now if you don't get an offer for medicine you're going to end up with no options.
No it won't have any impact.
Your other choices can't see where else you've applied or if you've withdrawn from other choices.
Good luck!
Original post by Reality Check
You can only apply to four medical schools as it is. The other two choices can be used for non-medicine courses without prejudicing your applications for medicine. So there was really no need to withdraw from the Biochem - more to the point, now if you don't get an offer for medicine you're going to end up with no options.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people only apply to four medical schools anyways (and leave the last blank), so I think it was right of me to do that. Thanks anyways!
Original post by studentsixth
I'm pretty sure a lot of people only apply to four medical schools anyways (and leave the last blank), so I think it was right of me to do that. Thanks anyways!

Imo there's no point using the fifth one on biochemistry if that's not a degree you actually want to do! And there's nothing wrong with taking a gap year and reapplying if things don't go to plan. I agree you made the right choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending