The Student Room Group

Best accommodation at Northumbria or Manchester Met

Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting on here lol but I've just sent my Ucas application and I'm now in the state of overthinking which isn't new for me actually! So my absolute first choice is to study Marketing at Manchester however if I don't get in Northumbria and possibly Manchester Met are my next best things. If anyone has any information on the best halls to live in at these two unis that would be really helpful!! An en suite for me is a must however I'm a very sociable person and would want to be close to the city centre so I'd be willing to compromise.
Reply 1
I've heard bad things about Met's accommodation, however Manc being the sprawling city it is, post fresher year student flats are probably abundant.
Original post by JooW
I've heard bad things about Met's accommodation, however Manc being the sprawling city it is, post fresher year student flats are probably abundant.

What kind of bad things?
man met student accom is alright but its no way near as bad as leeds beckett haha, full of roadmen though
Original post by Charles97
man met student accom is alright but its no way near as bad as leeds beckett haha, full of roadmen though

Loool thanks for that, not sure if it's for me then:/
Original post by kennyanibabzzz
Loool thanks for that, not sure if it's for me then:/

what are your choices? imo i've never thought man met to be anything special
what are your choices? imo i've never thought man met to be anything special

Manchester, Northumbria, Durham and Nottingham Trent. Starting to regret a few ahaha
Manchester, Northumbria, Durham and Nottingham Trent. Starting to regret a few ahaha

odd choices.. why man met + durham? why not UoM?
Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting on here lol but I've just sent my Ucas application and I'm now in the state of overthinking which isn't new for me actually! So my absolute first choice is to study Marketing at Manchester however if I don't get in Northumbria and possibly Manchester Met are my next best things. If anyone has any information on the best halls to live in at these two unis that would be really helpful!! An en suite for me is a must however I'm a very sociable person and would want to be close to the city centre so I'd be willing to compromise.

If you want a lively time at Man Met then go for Cambridge but it's a bit rough and no en suite - posher halls are at Birleyfields - only built a couple of years ago.
odd choices.. why man met + durham? why not UoM?

I have applied to University of Manchester as well as Manchester Met. I tried to go off the best unis for Marketing as well the cities I'd want to live in. I agree Durham doesn't really flow with the rest of my options but for some reason I was drawn to it😂
Original post by AmyPilot
If you want a lively time at Man Met then go for Cambridge but it's a bit rough and no en suite - posher halls are at Birleyfields - only built a couple of years ago.
Are the posher halls boring then?

you're in manchester, there is no such thing as boring at student accom in manchester
Reply 12
he's right, accomodation won't matter when you're out in deansgate lock every night lmao
you're in manchester, there is no such thing as boring at student accom in manchester

Well I'm clearly new to the whole uni thing... Where do you go if you don't mind me asking?

Not that I am aware - halls are halls - it's just how nice you want your surroundings to be. Cambridge are large flats with shared toilet facilities, older accommodation and is known as the party hall! That being said Birley is on the other campus so slightly further from the All Saints campus and Oxford Road
Original post by AmyPilot
Not that I am aware - halls are halls - it's just how nice you want your surroundings to be. Cambridge are large flats with shared toilet facilities, older accommodation and is known as the party hall! That being said Birley is on the other campus so slightly further from the All Saints campus and Oxford Road
okay thankyou!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending