The Student Room Group

Which Uni for Animal Sciences?

So to put you on the same wavelength, my goal is to teach animal biology/anatomy so I am looking for a degree at a Uni that offers animal sciences near where I live (Louth, Lincs) so I can still have my own business running while studying. I have found Nottingham Trent have Animal Biology, and Bishop Burton and Riseholme have Bioveterinary Science and Animal Behaviour and Welfare. Could anyone give me their opinions on these Uni's, these courses, and the lecturers and facilities and the Uni's please.
You can find all this info out for yourself but looking at the uni webpages, visiting and asking to be put in touch with current or former students.
Reply 2
I do bioveterinary at Lincoln and I absolutely love it. Lincoln is one of the best unis for research in life sciences and is ranked best for pretty much all it's animal courses. However it is very academic/science based versus some which have more husbandry, handling, management etc. So make sure you look at the modules closely. Nottingham Trent is also supposed to be great and they have an on site farm, but the campus is in the middle of nowhere so if you plan on moving there just bear that in mind :smile:

Personally I find the lecturers at Lincoln great and really helpful, very engaging, good feedback on work, really good at helping you adjust to uni style of work etc. Library is great and has everything you need. Lots of lab sessions and as you progress you do a lot of research etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending