The Student Room Group
Reply 1
For along as I can remember I never really felt I fit in with the other boys in my classes, even when I was in primary school. I was never flamboyant but I just didn't really gel with what I was 'supposed' to be doing. However, I never really fit in with the girls in my classes either :P. Anyway I always had friends but I remember when I was a child and everyone had 'boyfriends and girlfriends' the concept didn't seem right to me. Anyway, fast forward to high school and I had crushes on one of two of the girls in my class but they were quite masculine tom-boyish girls (in hindsight hah!). It was when puberty hit that things were different, the sense that I was different but could never figure out why began to make sense. I had the feeling I was gay, but I remember googling if it was phase because I just had crushes on other lads and I REALLY didn't want to be gay. The early 2000's were not socially like it is now, although no doubt much better than previous decades, I still just wanted to be 'normal'. A few years later and nothing changed but I never really 'liked' anyone. Anyway in the final year of high school I developed a huge crush on someone and I actually wanted to be with them. It was totally one sided and something I hugely cringe about now, but because I developed such strong feelings I began to accept that I was gay and the fact that I had lost all interest in women (even though to say I had any in the first place would be an extrapolation) was a pretty strong indication. It was still another 2 years before I would verbally admit it to anyone though haha!

TLDR;
So I 'came out' when I was 17, but in reality I knew I was gay when I was 12/13 - but I knew I ticked differently when I was a child.
When I found girls things ew. Never really fit in with LB(G)T though, I act like a L(B)GT guy but I'm LB(G)T, aka. not slutty looking for hook-ups or really sexual like 90% of the rest.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
When did you realise you were LGBTQ+?

I still haven't
Reply 4
I suppose I realised from a young age as my first ever crush and kiss was with a girl. I didn't see it as a big deal or anything to be ashamed of. I grew up in a very liberal household and was always told it was fine to be gay, bi, straight.

I've always liked guys too and as I've got older, it's only guys I've really fancied but would never rule out dating a girl if I were ever single again. Someone's gender doesn't bother me, I fancy who I fancy, be it boy or girl or transgender :smile: I'm comfortable with my sexuality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know if this is going to make much sense, but I just kind of knew? I don't think I've ever really had a crush on someone, but I just knew I was attracted to the same gender since I was about 11 I think-

Latest

Trending

Trending