The Student Room Group

IB HL Further Maths resources

Hi all,
I am doing HL Maths at IB and heard about HL FM. I thought it might be interesting and fun to do it on my own purely for broadening my mathematical horizons (i.e. not taking it as a subject). I know that it is very, very difficult and that there is enough work within the IB to be getting on with but as I know from experience efforts like these can boost understanding. My question is, are there any resources out there that would enable me to dig into the subject? Is there a textbook or a study guide? Are there any downloadable past papers whatsoever? Thank you for your answers and opinions.
Original post by tim_72
Hi all,
I am doing HL Maths at IB and heard about HL FM. I thought it might be interesting and fun to do it on my own purely for broadening my mathematical horizons (i.e. not taking it as a subject). I know that it is very, very difficult and that there is enough work within the IB to be getting on with but as I know from experience efforts like these can boost understanding. My question is, are there any resources out there that would enable me to dig into the subject? Is there a textbook or a study guide? Are there any downloadable past papers whatsoever? Thank you for your answers and opinions.

There are some resources like past exam papers available on the official IB store website. There are also books from Haese Mathematics that offer the resources for all the things you need for Further Math. https://www.haesemathematics.com.au/books/mathematics-hl-options-and-further-mathematics-bundle

Honestly speaking, FM has been the most fun subject in IB if you really like Mathematics.

- Second-year FM Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending