The Student Room Group

Breaking News! EU Remain campaign admits defeat :(

It's over. :frown: The EU remain campaign has been finally defeated amid a loud message that the EU wants total Brexit and to cut all ties with the UK, possible even council of Europe ties. There will be no free market or free movement as many leavers have demanded.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/19/europes-leaders-force-uk-hard-brexit-farage-le-pen

How can any remain group exist if those they want to remain with do not want us?

I was staunch remain supporter, and if that's the attitude of the EU then stuff them! Thank god I was unable to vote remain.

I'd rather we joined with Putin. At least he has more respect for Britain. Maybe we should get together Britain and Russia just to spite the EU. Hopefully the EU will ban any British born citizen with EU relatives or ancestry from trying to get EU citizenship and passport while living here.

The Brexiters got they wanted the remain campaign is over and we are leaving the EU totally.
(edited 7 years ago)
Having looked at the article, I don't see anything about the Remain campaign surrendering.
Umm, didn't this already happen like months ago?
Original post by alexschmalex
Umm, didn't this already happen like months ago?

Your confusing the Brexit vote in June.

This latest news is that the EU no longer wants us. If there was another referendum and remain won 80% the EU would not want us back and demand we leave. So they can take a flying one.

We're better off forming a union with Russia if just to spite the EU.
I struggle to see why you're so outraged? It's totally expected that the EU are telling us to do one when we voted to leave. What on Earth did you expect, for them to be happy about it?!
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Having looked at the article, I don't see anything about the Remain campaign surrendering.

Well I can't see there been any purpose for a remain campaign, if the EU does not want Britain anymore, they've nothing to fight.

The question is where does the remain campaign go now? I think it will just dissolve. Maybe some motion will be set to seek new economic unions, but with who? The US can't be trusted anymore, Australia and New Zealand are too far, that only leaves Russia or even Canada. But distance is still a problem with the latter.
Remain campaign admits defeat?

You mean the remainers finally realised that the UK is DEMOCRATIC nation, and that the majority of people who voted, albeit a small majority, but a majority nonetheless, voted to leave?

Well thank god for that... Maybe we can stop crying about a vote and finally get along to do what we need for this state.
The beginning of the end for the EU, it only has 5-8 years left.
Original post by Ambitious1999
Your confusing the Brexit vote in June.

This latest news is that the EU no longer wants us. If there was another referendum and remain won 80% the EU would not want us back and demand we leave. So they can take a flying one.

We're better off forming a union with Russia if just to spite the EU.

Still not news, if the UK decided to publicly give the finger to them, who the hell would expect them not to turn their back on the UK in return? 🤔
Original post by Ambitious1999
Well I can't see there been any purpose for a remain campaign, if the EU does not want Britain anymore, they've nothing to fight.

The question is where does the remain campaign go now? I think it will just dissolve. Maybe some motion will be set to seek new economic unions, but with who? The US can't be trusted anymore, Australia and New Zealand are too far, that only leaves Russia or even Canada. But distance is still a problem with the latter.

You should rename your thread to "Breaking News! I think the EU Remain campaign ought to admit defeat :frown:".
That article contains two things:-

1 A prediction by Nigel Farage that the candidate he wants to win, will win the French elections. Funnily enough that's what all politicians say; that their horse will win the race.

2 That EU leaders will not let us have (whether within or outside the EU) access to the free market without free movement of persons. They have been saying that for the last three years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending