The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
LASS is the Law building. Where a lecture is marked with LASS, it will be in the building in which you shown during open day
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
how about POPE and ARTCEN
Reply 3
Hey. Can you explain that timetable to me please because I really don't get it. And by the looks of things, we're just doing: understanding law; contract; tort; and constitutional???

Not to bombard you with questions but do you know what books we're supposed to get because I think I lose my reading list?
Timetable is easy: those are your lectures. LASS = Law and Social Sciences, Pope is the pope building (somewhere down in science/engineering land), but as for Artcen, search me! Those are indeed your modules, but for books I would wait until you turn up to get them. The lecturers will tell you in your first class what to get, and there'll be plenty of second years selling them on at a discount (but be wary of old books/ones that are no longer recommended, I'll be trying to sell these dodgy ones to the second years, so no ratting me out!!).

That timetable is for the full year. BAsically, the modules marked "... A" are semester one and "... B" are semester 2, with understanding law ("UL") only running in the first semester, that's why it looks like you have a ridiculous number of lectures. Also, UL is divided into seminar groups, which is why it looks like there are a ridiculous number of hours for it and a stupid number of 9ams, which will become your worst nightmare!

I wouldn't bother about buying before you get there but at a guess I'd say the books are as follows:

Constitution: Bradley and Ewing
Contract: McKendrick
Tort: Giliker and Beckwith

I really wouldn't worry about UL books, because it's a joke of a module anyway. Mensan, I'll probably be around HuStu on the first day as my housemate (last year's pres) is standing in for a few weeks until they elect a new one (since this year's failed his resits, in true JCR member fashion), so I figure I'll come and see what the new crowd is like (and destroy that godforsaken cafe... which I haven't seen yet!). Tis the place to be, you'll probably see me at all the events where I can wangle some free booze by being a VIP...
Reply 5
for some reason i didn't think it would so spread out. i man trent, portalnd, granger and lass are ok but the pope building is quite far from the others. also ARTCEN wouldn't be the lakeside art centre would it. that would be unusual. no:confused:
Reply 6
The timetable does look quite confusing! Does it work on a fortnightly basis?
no, weekly... you'll get given an individual timetable when you turn up anyway. artcen could well be that... i've never seen it on a timetable before!
Reply 8
Hey Lewis can you tell me what you study in year two; purely out of curiousity? And thanks for being an unofficial helper, if you will.
2nd year = land, EU and crim + 30 credits worth of options. This is either 1 30 cred module or 2x15 cred, one in each semester. I took the 30 credit "principles of commercial law", which is basically advanced contract law, and I would recommend it to anyone, even if you hate contract law: it's much more about the substance of contracts than the stupid principles surrounding their formation, which is basically all contract is!
Reply 10
Lewisy-boy
Mensan, I'll probably be around HuStu on the first day as my housemate (last year's pres) is standing in for a few weeks until they elect a new one (since this year's failed his resits, in true JCR member fashion)

hello
yeah that's him, the oaf himself
Reply 12
flattering as ever
i'm amused by the nickname given to you in those photos from switzerland, very fitting. you also look rather oafish in many of them.
Reply 14
well we all know your weaselesque features
blah blah same old
Reply 16
quite

Latest

Trending

Trending