The Student Room Group

University and Personal Statement Question

Hey I have a couple of questions, and I would appreciate if anyone could give me some help.

I'm doing the IB and have a predicted score of 38 points without bonus and am wanting to apply for PPE. I've written my personal statement having PPE in mind but I still really wanted to apply to LSE. My plan was to apply to LSE for their international relations course because I don't have higher level math for PPE, would having the focus of my PS being on PPE severely hurt my chances of getting into LSE?

Also I seem to be getting a lot of conflicting information on what universities are good for PPE in the UK. Currently I am looking at Royal Holloway, King's, Leed's, Lancaster, Loughborough, Durham and Warwick. If any of that group are inferior in any way I would appreciate if you could let me know. It also seems as though RHul is considered better than equal schools with better ratings such as East Anglia, and I'm not too sure why.

Thanks for any help.
Reply 1
Original post by Max_thie
Hey I have a couple of questions, and I would appreciate if anyone could give me some help.

I'm doing the IB and have a predicted score of 38 points without bonus and am wanting to apply for PPE. I've written my personal statement having PPE in mind but I still really wanted to apply to LSE. My plan was to apply to LSE for their international relations course because I don't have higher level math for PPE, would having the focus of my PS being on PPE severely hurt my chances of getting into LSE?

Also I seem to be getting a lot of conflicting information on what universities are good for PPE in the UK. Currently I am looking at Royal Holloway, King's, Leed's, Lancaster, Loughborough, Durham and Warwick. If any of that group are inferior in any way I would appreciate if you could let me know. It also seems as though RHul is considered better than equal schools with better ratings such as East Anglia, and I'm not too sure why.

Thanks for any help.

LSE are quite fussy, and don't like applicants who apply to a course with an irrelevant PS - they assume you're just applying for a course with lower requirements (which you would be). So you'll very likely just get rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending