The Student Room Group

Second Personal Statement

HI I am looking to apply for dentistry for 3 of my unis and biochemistry for 2 of them - would i need an additional personal statement for biochemistry and how would i go about asking the unis if they accept one?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by oort.cloud
HI I am looking to apply for dentistry for 3 of my unis and biochemistry for 2 of them - would i need an additional personal statement for biochemistry and how would i go about asking the unis if they accept one?

You can only submit one personal statement to all 5 of your choices on UCAS
Reply 2
I know you can but if you are applying to a different course at one uni you can send another personal statement to the uni if you want to
I know you can but if you are applying to a different course at one uni you can send another personal statement to the uni if you want to

You cant - you send one personal statement to all of your universities. You cannot write another one
See https://www.ucas.com/how-write-personal-statement-works-multiple-courses
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
I know that!!! but some universities accept an additional personal statement to be sent on email. This is taken from that same UCAS page:

"So how do I write a personal statement for more than one course?
Here are some personal statement pointers depending on how different the courses you're applying to are:

1. If there are only slight differences, or you've chosen joint or combined degrees with slightly different subject combinations...

This shouldn't be a problem. Just try to make everything in your statement as relevant as possible to all five choices. If you've included some joint or combined degree courses, make sure that each discipline or subject is addressed in some way.

2. If there are big differences between your course choices...

It might be possible to blend your statement in such a way that everything you write provides appropriate evidence of your skills, academic interests, and the way you think that's relevant to all of the courses you've chosen.

Alternatively, you could take the honest and transparent approach, and openly explain why you've chosen to apply to different courses by providing reasons or evidence for each.

Whichever approach you take, if some (or all) of your course choices are very competitive, then it's advisable to put across your commitment to your chosen subjects as earnestly as you can.

3. If just one of your choices is completely different from the others...

It quite often happens that admissions staff will agree to accept a separate personal statement for that specific course, sent directly to them.

However, make sure you contact that particular university first, to make sure that they're aware."
I know that!!! but some universities accept an additional personal statement to be sent on email. This is taken from that same UCAS page:

"So how do I write a personal statement for more than one course?
Here are some personal statement pointers depending on how different the courses you're applying to are:

1. If there are only slight differences, or you've chosen joint or combined degrees with slightly different subject combinations...

This shouldn't be a problem. Just try to make everything in your statement as relevant as possible to all five choices. If you've included some joint or combined degree courses, make sure that each discipline or subject is addressed in some way.

2. If there are big differences between your course choices...

It might be possible to blend your statement in such a way that everything you write provides appropriate evidence of your skills, academic interests, and the way you think that's relevant to all of the courses you've chosen.

Alternatively, you could take the honest and transparent approach, and openly explain why you've chosen to apply to different courses by providing reasons or evidence for each.

Whichever approach you take, if some (or all) of your course choices are very competitive, then it's advisable to put across your commitment to your chosen subjects as earnestly as you can.

3. If just one of your choices is completely different from the others...

It quite often happens that admissions staff will agree to accept a separate personal statement for that specific course, sent directly to them.

However, make sure you contact that particular university first, to make sure that they're aware."

Your question has now been answered
Reply 6
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Your question has now been answered

Yes it has, by myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending