The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it would be easy. dont turn up or do any coursework :p:
My cousin failed all his GCSE's except for one, English which was a C. It can happen, not handing in coursework, not turning up (which was how he managed to get an X), and writing nothing on the exam paper.

It is possible, but at least I know and well hope I can't fail as spectacularly as he did :redface:
Reply 3
haha id rather have all fails than all c/d
at least you can make up a funny story
He was abe to spell words out of his results, I think thats when you know you've screwed up :biggrin:
Reply 5
hahahahahahahahah
seriously though im bound to be disappointed tomorrow cuz i did so well in the mocks out of luck, and easy questions coming up (see my predictions below)
that it's impossible for me to replicate that!
Reply 6
If you get lower than a C while doing Higher Tier, it's a U
Reply 7
Vesta

rrrrr u messin!!!!!

does music (aqa) have higher and foundation tiers
Reply 8
Vesta

seriously? i swear you can get lower
Reply 9
I think that's true. If you are JUST a couple of marks off a C, they award you a D, anything below and it's a U.
Reply 10
andymt
I was watching hollyoaks today on e4 and one character, i wont say who, in order not to spoil it for those people who watch it tomorrow on channel 4, failed all her gcse's.
I mean all of them
is that actually possible? isnt the F grade boundary like 5% or something?

I'm GUESSING it was Amy or Michaela? In which case it's possible :p:

Amy didn't turn up to most of her exams cos she'd run away with Josh, and Michaela's just ditzy enough to fail everything.

It's just a soap after all. I doubt anyone would fail all their subjects in real life.
Reply 11
I meant for OCR, AQA, Edexcel - I guess CCEA is different.
Reply 12
didi997

It's just a soap after all. I doubt anyone would fail all their subjects in real life.

You'd be surprised!
Reply 13
Talking about soaps, how DID DAvid Platt do?
Reply 14
Vesta
You'd be surprised!

im sure if you turned up for the exam you'd get something for writing your name at least!
Actually you get an X for that bit :wink:
(based on my cousins explanation of how much he wrote)
Reply 16
haha
Reply 17
lfc4life
Not true. In CCEA exams at least you can get a D, not sure on other boards though.

True.
Reply 18
andymt
im sure if you turned up for the exam you'd get something for writing your name at least!

Some schools only have a 50% rate of students gaining 5 A*-C grades, you know.
Reply 19
Vesta
I meant for OCR, AQA, Edexcel - I guess CCEA is different.

aqa chaned it for this years gcse's i checked...now aqa higher are a*-d, anything just below a d is an e..anything below THAT is a U

unless like aqa music the paper is untiered (yay) this means that you can get anything from an A*-G..:smile:

this is just aqa mind

Latest