The Student Room Group

Fail thoughts

Two of my A-levels are coming up, and my biggest fear is that I've done well in both of these subjects with predicted A's, but the thought of failing the final test is getting to me.

Seriously, is that even possible, or am I overthinking it? What if I just fluke it and get a C or D, all my previous hard work vanishes, and that predicted A is meaningless.

Has anyone else had this fear, or has this happened to them?
Hi,
I think it's completely natural to worry about exam results, it shows how much you care. I panic before my exams, and I know I'm not alone in that, it's stressful to think of all your hard work coming down to a couple of hours in a hall. What I can say is that it's never as bad as you think it'll be. Even if I leave the exam hall convinced I've failed, I never have. The fact that you're predicted A's is proof that your teachers believe you can do it.
Also, universities do tend to take a more holistic approach, so even if you don't acheive the exact grades you're hoping for - which I'm sure you will - there are many other factors, such as your personal statement, reference and interview (if you do one) that they will consider.

Best of luck! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more concerns.

Safi
2nd year Linguistics

Quick Reply

Latest