The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You don't really need to spend that much time at home doing work lol (apart from around exam time of course). Best thing you can do is utilise all your free-periods and do you work then. Helps you to avoid doing a lot of it at home :smile: .
Reply 2
I would use a portion of my free lesson every day to do any homework that was due in before my next free lesson... That was it really! Unless I had an essay or something that needed doing, in which case I wouldn't bother doing it at school because there's no way anyone could possibly concentrate in that common room! Obviously, I worked harder nearer the exam periods.
how many people write up their daily notes on the computer at the end of each day?

i've heard several people mentioning it on these forums..
Not that much.
I basically used some of my free periods (i normally used an hour and half 3 times a week). And maybe half an hour here and there at home.

This covered homework, and making an extra notes out of textbooks. More work was need when coursework was around deadline time or exam time.
I do less than an hour. Mostly none. I do most of my work in school & free lessons.
Yeah when I was doing my alevels I barely studied outside of class. I only really did revision for exams and my coursework/homework. Not really any extra reading etc.
Reply 7
Durandal there are four kinds of pupils. One that does not study or barely studies, and succeeds, whiles the others barely or don’t at all study and fail.

Which one would you rather not risk? So in my view, it is ok gauging other people studying time but don't be put of if you do more, i rather study and be confident i get the highest grade possible.
Reply 8
It really depends. On school nights I usually just do homework, so perhaps 1.5 hour max. On weekends, I sometimes go over things I didn't quite understand so perhaps 3-4 hours? But again that depends because some weekends I do nothing.
Reply 9
Probably 2-3, but nearer 4-5 clsoe to exams.
Reply 10
Under 1.
Reply 11
I never really studied. Still ended up with 3 As at A-Level, so it didn't do me too much harm! Teachers lie when they say how much studying you need to do. You can get by doing the bare minimum - which, in my case, was none :biggrin: The hours don't really matter, it's just that you need to get the work that's been set done, and when it comes to exam leave you've got some good notes to revise from.
Reply 12
I did nothing ! :smile:

In University this will all change! :smile:
Reply 13
agreed lol, never did any at a-levels but have promised myself this will change at uni
Reply 14
everyone always says that - but it hardly ever happens lol!
I put 2-3, as thats what it says in my school booklet^^. Tbh it really depends. If exams/important deadlines in can go up to 4 hours a day, before a real wserious exam deadline I gotta finish even over 5. If its the start of the year, like now, about 1-2 hours.
Less than an hour.
Reply 17
I spend very little time studying but am still capable of getting straight As and teaching myself modules in Fmaths, it all depends on natural ability.
Reply 18
I used to do none, which resulted in me doing **** in my AS exams. Though I mainly put that down to lack of exam revision.

Now I do 1-2 hours, mainly just homework as soon as it's set. As long as all my homework/coursework is done I'm fine. Also concentrating 100% in lesson now, ensuring I have good notes! :smile:
Not much, probably on average under 1 hour, although I do sometimes read textbooks. I do plenty of studying during free periods though.

I did almost no studying at all during GCSEs (mainly during year 10) and it cost me, so I'm determined not to make the same mistake.

Latest