The Student Room Group

Withdrawing UCAS application

This is probably a silly question, but I would just like to check that I fully understand what I'm supposed to be doing, and I was hoping that someone could advise me.

Due to some heavy family stuff, I messed up one of my exams and missed my firm's offer grades. I've decided that I don't want to go to my insurance, and agreed with my firm that if a remark did not increase my grade, it would be acceptable to resit during my gap year, and reapply.

Unfortunately, a remark did not quite increase my grade enough, and I will be resiting a module in January. This means that I will have to withdraw my UCAS application, in order to reapply for 2008 entry.

So, after Immense Background Information of Doom, I put forward my question. I have my AS12 form for my insurance place. In order to withdraw my application, do I tick that I will not be taking up the offer of the place due to reapplying for the 2008 cycle, and then send it to the university? As I was holding a deferred place, does this mean I will still be able to apply for 2008 entry? If this is not the case, what should I do?

As I said, probably a silly question. Heavy family stuff is unfortunately still occurring, and I haven't had as much time to understand what I have to do as I would have liked - and, y'know, actually understand what it is that I'm supposed to be doing right now!

Any help appreciated muchly.

(Relating to the comma abuse in this OP, I can claim only head-brokeness due to tired and family stuff. Please excuse me!)
yep - just tick the box on the AS12 form and send it to your insurance. That will withdraw you from UCAS for the 07 cycle and you can reapply from September for entry in 2008 (and you can reapply to both your firm and insurance unis if that's what you want to do).
Reply 2
uiuil

Latest

Trending

Trending