The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Applying to a different Uni after deferred entry

Hi guys, I have applied through UCAS, and have been accepted to the University of Law in Manchester to study Accounting with Finance for the year 2023, however, I deferred my entry to 2024- for location and personal reasons, i have decided to apply to the University of Leeds for the year 2024 for the same course however, i do not have the GCSE grades but i have the BTEC grades and also, i do not know how to go about this application since i already have a standing application with UCAS. Any advice would be appreciated.
Original post by SosaID
Hi guys, I have applied through UCAS, and have been accepted to the University of Law in Manchester to study Accounting with Finance for the year 2023, however, I deferred my entry to 2024- for location and personal reasons, i have decided to apply to the University of Leeds for the year 2024 for the same course however, i do not have the GCSE grades but i have the BTEC grades and also, i do not know how to go about this application since i already have a standing application with UCAS. Any advice would be appreciated.

You can start putting together a new 2024 cycle application on your ucas hub now. You will need to speak to whoever provided your reference last year to ask them if they’ll provide it again (and if it’s a centre ask for their buzzword so that you can link your application to them).

you also need to email AND RING uLaw on January 2 to ask them to withdraw your deferred application. You can add them as a choice again on your new application alongside leeds and any other options. Ulaw need to withdraw your deferred application before you can submit a new one so getting that and your reference sorted and added before the January deadline are your key priorities
(edited 4 months ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You can start putting together a new 2024 cycle application on your ucas hub now. You will need to speak to whoever provided your reference last year to ask them if they’ll provide it again (and if it’s a centre ask for their buzzword so that you can link your application to them).

you also need to email AND RING uLaw on January 2 to ask them to withdraw your deferred application. You can add them as a choice again on your new application alongside leeds and any other options. Ulaw need to withdraw your deferred application before you can submit a new one so getting that and your reference sorted and added before the January deadline are your key priorities

Thank you very much for this!!
Original post by SosaID

If you dont have the GCSE grades it will be an automatic rejection. What GCSE grades are you missing. Before taking any action give Leeds admissions a ring after the holidays to see if you have a chance. Accounting degrees have tended to be oversubscribed at Leeds in recent years.
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
If you dont have the GCSE grades it will be an automatic rejection. What GCSE grades are you missing. Before taking any action give Leeds admissions a ring after the holidays to see if you have a chance. Accounting degrees have tended to be oversubscribed at Leeds in recent years.

I’m missing Maths and English- which are the core subjects.
Original post by SosaID
I’m missing Maths and English- which are the core subjects.

Without the appropriate grades in Maths and English it will be a certain rejection. Maths is key for Accounting and Finance and most will require grade 6 and some 7. If you wish to do Accounting at any RG university you are going to need to resit it. Without it you will be rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest