The Student Room Group

Sae.HH's blog

Ello, I'm Shahe (My real name), I follow a fair few logs on here and I'm very active on the NBA thread and in general so I figured I might as well make a thread. I've been pretty detrained over December so I'm working my lifts back up, especially squats but might aswell jump right into it :smile:

30/12/16

OHP 50 4x6 40 3x8
DB BP 18 2x10 22 4x8
Chin Up +17.5 5/4/3
CGBP 50 4x10
Cable Back Row 48 (45+ 2.7 disk ) 4x8
BB Curl 35 8/5/5 30 6 25 8
FacePulls 12 5x10
Tricep Extension 14.0 5x12
Rear Delt Fly 4 5x12 8 4x8
Side Delt Raise 6 4x8
Pendlay Row 50 3x6 Hanging
Leg Raises 7x12
Pallof Press 12 4x12
Cable Rear Delt Row 3x10 25

02/01/17

Paused OHP 52.5 5/5/4/4 47.5 /5 4mr
Chin Up +17.5 5/5/4 3mr
DB Row 30 4x12 (as heavy as home gym goes)
Low Bar 100 6x5 4mr
DB Bench 18 8 24 4x6
Lat Pulldown 45 3x8 39 3x10
Hanging Leg Raise 6x8
Facepulls 17 3x8
DB Hammer Curl 14 3x6

Scroll to see replies

In. Always said you should start a blog

Height? Weight? Age?
Original post by Unistudent77
In. Always said you should start a blog

Height? Weight? Age?

Haha thanks man :biggrin:

Height; 171cm, king manlet :u: Poor South Asians, I have very good posture though :colonhash:

Weight; 71kg, bulking for the forseeable future, mainly because I keep all my fat on my hips so it's really hard to tell I'm not super lean topless. :biggrin:

Age; 22 :h: At Warwick University, local gym is decent.

Haha yes indeed! Hopefully I can keep posting, hope you're doing well mate, haven't spoken to you in a while. I imagine the festive period involved a lot of boozing etc. right :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Haha thanks man :biggrin:

Age; 171cm, king manlet :u: Poor South Asians, I have very good posture though :colonhash:

Age; 71kg, bulking for the forseeable future, mainly because I keep all my fat on my hips so it's really hard to tell I'm not super lean topless. :biggrin:

Age; 22 :h: At Warwick University, local gym is decent.

Haha yes indeed! Hopefully I can keep posting, hope you're doing well mate, haven't spoken to you in a while. I imagine the festive period involved a lot of boozing etc. right :biggrin:

Haha, what's that like 5'8"?
Not 'that' small.

Cool cool, make ALL KINDZ of gainz.

Nice!

I'm alive, yeah.

It did unfortunately. A skint man now :tongue:

Hope you had a good festive period :smile:
checked in brahhh
Haha, what's that like 5'8"?
Not 'that' small.

Cool cool, make ALL KINDZ of gainz.

Nice!

I'm alive, yeah.

It did unfortunately. A skint man now :tongue:

Hope you had a good festive period :smile:

Well I'm taller than my cousins so :u:
Haha yeah, I don't really track macros I just try to eat not too terribly, especially on non lifting days. i.e chicken burgers or milkshakes/waffles :p:

But yeah I'm hoping to head 60 5x5 OHP by Easter, that's the plan, hopefully get my squat back up to around 140 for reps also. I need to start deadlifting again but I'm just waiting for my lifting straps since I tweaked my SI ages ago (similar thing to Omar although not as bad), and would rather not risk it. I'd also quite like to hit a 2 plate chin up for 3x5 by easter although that might be a bit ambitious considering at the moment I'm slightly shy of even 1. My bench is poverty so let's not talk about that, although I enjoy OHP more anyway :p:

Original post by UchihaMadara
checked in brahhh

Brah :colone: Going to give me an excuse to add to my post count.
Well I'm taller than my cousins so :u:
Haha yeah, I don't really track macros I just try to eat not too terribly, especially on non lifting days. i.e chicken burgers or milkshakes/waffles :p:

But yeah I'm hoping to head 60 5x5 OHP by Easter, that's the plan, hopefully get my squat back up to around 140 for reps also. I need to start deadlifting again but I'm just waiting for my lifting straps since I tweaked my SI ages ago (similar thing to Omar although not as bad), and would rather not risk it. I'd also quite like to hit a 2 plate chin up for 3x5 by easter although that might be a bit ambitious considering at the moment I'm slightly shy of even 1. My bench is poverty so let's not talk about that, although I enjoy OHP more anyway :p:

Haha, well that's a positive! :tongue:

How did you tweak your SI? Like what went wrong?

Nice nice, sounds good. Look forward to watching the progress :smile:
How did you tweak your SI? Like what went wrong?

Intuitively I'm fairly sure it was just down to lack of mobility/not enough core work/mixed grip work on one side only. But it could have ended up much worse so I'm not too fussed. I focus quite a lot on these things now, the few injuries I've had have definitely forced me to research into effective prehab methods which I always incorporate now. Looking forward to 2017 :smile:

03/01/16

2x20m Row; rate 21; split 2:54 (Just some light conditioning work, haven't rowed in many months but squatting heavy tomorrow so this was very comfortable although I did break a sweat)

Pallof Press 12.7 4x12
Hanging Knee Raise 4x10
Side Lat Raise 6 4x8
Rear Delt Fly 8 4x12
(edited 7 years ago)
Intuitively I'm fairly sure it was just down to lack of mobility/not enough core work/mixed grip work on one side only. But it could have ended up much worse so I'm not too fussed. I focus quite a lot on these things now, the few injuries I've had have definitely forced me to research into effective prehab methods which I always incorporate now. Looking forward to 2017 :smile:

Fair. All seem reasonable.
At least it hasn't kept you out for long.

Agree 100%. If only we knew all this when we started (cries).
Reply 10
Fair. All seem reasonable.
At least it hasn't kept you out for long.

Agree 100%. If only we knew all this when we started (cries).

Yeah, but you live and you learn man, I know I've said it before but sincerely I'm quite proud of how hard you're working to overcome your own issues.

:biggrin: Ello mate

I'm going to be using this account now since I've finally gotten access back to it.
Original post by Sae.HH
Yeah, but you live and you learn man, I know I've said it before but sincerely I'm quite proud of how hard you're working to overcome your own issues.

The different account threw me for a second haha

You do. You only have one body so every penny you invest in a good physio or every minute you invest into reading some good peer reviewed articles will surely be of benefit.

I'm flattered but a lot, even on this very forum amongst the able bodied, have been through stuff that could kill them.
This is just a hobby remember and i am (largely) functional. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things

Injuries/barriers will happen. I've made some mistakes, been a little unlucky at times too. I'll be a lot better prepared next time :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
O.o I ain't the only one with 2 accounts lol....forget the VNs on whatsapp lol, you really are active on here :O
Reply 13
Original post by UchihaMadara
O.o I ain't the only one with 2 accounts lol....forget the VNs on whatsapp lol, you really are active on here :O

:p:

X

Yeah I don't actually know the history of a lot of them, I know AC has some knee issues and I've only been following Gone Revising, Smack and some others like Enginerd and BKS quite recently. You're right though people come back from much worse, if you know Louie Simmons (Westside founder) he went from squatting 600lbs to a completely ****ed back and back! (No pun intended :biggrin:)

WORKOUT 04/01/16

2ct Paused Bench 70 5x5 4mr (Some elbow strain, also misgrooving some reps, need to make sure my ROM is correct)

Low Bar 110 5x3; 1x5 3mr (Was meant to be 5x3+ but we miscounted and threw in an extra set, moderately tough but not tough enough to require a higher rest time so pleased)

Paused OHP 45 5x6

Weighted Chin Up +20.0 3x3

Hanging Knee Raise 5x8

Cable Row 39 4x10

DB Row 30 4x8 (Lacking reps probably due to some grip fatigue from hanging raises)

DB Hammer Curl 10 4x10

Heavy Facepull 10.2 4x12

Tried to pallof press heavy but couldn't stabilise legs so kept flying towards to base of the machine :p:
(edited 7 years ago)
:colone:
Reply 15
Reply 17
05/01/16

Got bored of studying/working on projects so decided to do some core work

Lying Leg Raise 10x10 (Legs hanging off bed, torso on mattress. seems pretty good for lumbar traction, will do more often)

Plank 2x120s

Band Pull Apart's and mobility work
Original post by Sae.HH
05/01/16

Got bored of studying/working on projects so decided to do some core work

Lying Leg Raise 10x10 (Legs hanging off bed, torso on mattress. seems pretty good for lumbar traction, will do more often)

Plank 2x120s

Band Pull Apart's and mobility work

these lying leg raises sound more like your masturbation sessions bra :colone:
Reply 19
So, spent the entire day with my aunt who lives in Australia and is down for two weeks and her new husband who is from Germany. I should have left for gym at 7pm latest but being the idiot I am decided to get there for 11:30PM, realising when I got there and started my squats I was actually way too tired to have a productive workout.

Workout 08/01/16

Low Bar 115 5x3 5mr RPE; Horrific (Tiredness, can't say anything else,felt like **** after the first set but grinded them out)

This isn't the first time I've done this, maybe one day I'll learn my lesson. Praise the Lord for full body workouts, I'll have to bang out a full session at my uni gym tomorrow as I'm moving back. But on the plus side I'll get to do trap bar deadlifts and reverse hyperextensions. My flatmates will think I'm a complete **** arriving then leaving immediately to train. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest