The Student Room Group

Will admission team request me to send sth extra based on my personal statement?

Will the admission team suddenly request me to send the link if I write I make online blog posts in the personal statement ? the uni and its course that I want to apply to doesn't require any interview.
I guess the admission team won't suddenly request the applicants to send something that is written in the personal statement to prove how they are doing? I am afraid that it will affect the admission team's decision after I send the extra work link/ information to them (if they request me to send)
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Ruby12hty
Will the admission team suddenly request me to send the link if I write I make online blog posts in the personal statement ? the uni and its course that I want to apply to doesn't require any interview.
I guess the admission team won't suddenly request the applicants to send something that is written in the personal statement to prove how they are doing? I am afraid that it will affect the admission team's decision after I send the extra work link/ information to them (if they request me to send)

If you're asking whether you'll be asked for further information based upon something you've said in your personal statement (that you "make online blog posts" in this instance), then that's won't happen. You won't be asked for the link to your blog.
They won’t care. Saying that you have a blog doesn’t add any value, they’d only be interested in what you wrote about it in your PS.
If it’s important they’ll ask for it (and a portfolio of written work will be a standard part of selecting applicants).

If it’s not important they won’t (and it’s of limited value in your PS).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending