The Student Room Group

Sae.HH's blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sae.HH
Found a decent local gym, has enough equipment to do the job.

DB Shoulder Press 50 lbs 4 sets 18-12, can't remember reps

Lots of upper and abs. Going back tomorrow to get a cardio sess in and do some more Pluralsight studying. Feels good to get a workout in after 3 days

Bruh, you've gone full on lbs by going Canada... ffs.
Original post by Enginerd.
Bruh, you've gone full on lbs by going Canada... ffs.

I know, I've just given up now and am writing down push/pull/cardio lol, it's simpler.
FitNotes Workout - Monday 8th July 2019
Total Volume: 6,713 kgs

** Lat Pulldown **
- 63.0 kgs x 6 reps [PR]
- 63.0 kgs x 5 reps
- 63.0 kgs x 5 reps

** Wide Grip Pull Up **
- 6 reps
- 5 reps

** Seated Cable Row **
- 54.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 63.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 63.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 63.0 kgs x 10 reps

** Dumbbell Hammer Curl **
- 16.0 kgs x 6 reps
- 16.0 kgs x 6 reps
- 11.0 kgs x 18 reps [PR]
- 11.0 kgs x 15 reps

** Rear Delt Dumbbell Raise **
- 11.0 kgs x 20 reps
- 16.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 16.0 kgs x 10 reps [PR]
- 11.0 kgs x 20 reps

** Dumbbell Curl **
- 16.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 16.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 16.0 kgs x 8 reps

** Forearm Cable Curl **
- 25.0 kgs x 20 reps
- 25.0 kgs x 20 reps
- 25.0 kgs x 20 reps

30 Minutes Elliptical.

Went to the effort of converting this session and will do so for push tomorrow hehe.
in
Just got back from 5 days in Amsterdam, and heading to Dundee for a week to spend my 25th on Friday so I imagine training will still be rather sporadic. Hopefully can get a push workout with cardio in today.

FitNotes Workout - Tuesday 30th July 2019
Total Volume: 4,404 kgs

** Wide Grip Pull Up **
- 6 reps
- 6 reps
- 6 reps
- 6 reps

** Close Grip Pulldown **
- 66.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 66.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 66.0 kgs x 12 reps

- 14.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 14.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 14.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 14.0 kgs x 10 reps

** Seated Machine Curl **
- 32.0 kgs x 15 reps [PR]
- 32.0 kgs x 15 reps
- 32.0 kgs x 15 reps

30 minutes stretching plus abs
Saturday 3rd

Full body workout

Sunday 4th

1h Yoga
Hike in Malvern

Very mature way to spend my 25th

Tuesday

Full body workout

Wednesday

1h Yoga
FitNotes Workout - Friday 30th August 2019
Total Volume: 8,757 kgs

** Seated Dumbbell Press **
- 22.0 kgs x 15 reps
- 22.0 kgs x 15 reps
- 22.0 kgs x 15 reps
- 22.0 kgs x 15 reps

** Cable Crossover **
- 14.7 kgs x 20 reps [PR]
- 14.7 kgs x 20 reps
- 14.7 kgs x 20 reps

** Cable Overhead Triceps Extension **
- 17.0 kgs x 12 reps [PR]
- 17.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 17.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 17.0 kgs x 12 reps

** Cable Triceps Extension **
- 17.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 17.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 17.0 kgs x 12 reps

** Cable Face Pull **
- 17.0 kgs x 25 reps
- 17.0 kgs x 25 reps
- 17.0 kgs x 25 reps

** Wide Grip Pull Up **
- 8 reps
- 8 reps
- 8 reps
- 8 reps

- 14.0 kgs x 15 reps
- 14.0 kgs x 15 reps
- 14.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 14.0 kgs x 10 reps

** Seated Machine Curl **
- 41.0 kgs x 12 reps [PR]
- 41.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 50.0 kgs x 8 reps [PR]
- 50.0 kgs x 6 reps

** Hanging L-Sit **
- 20 reps
- 20 reps
- 20 reps

** Crunch Machine **
- 60.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 60.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 60.0 kgs x 8 reps
Hardly ever do any of the big lifts now but **** it.

Start new job on the 9th and I'll decide on how to move forward properly when I see the gym, its a Nuffield Health gym in the HQ building so apparently it will be nice but the weights won't be amazing according to my cousin.

One cool thing is they have lunch time fitness classes with yoga 3 times a week from 1210-1250 so I can continue doing that easily. Its only been two months and I still suck, just a little less than when I started and my IT band and hips are feeling way better now.
Original post by Sae.HH
Hardly ever do any of the big lifts now but **** it.

Start new job on the 9th and I'll decide on how to move forward properly when I see the gym, its a Nuffield Health gym in the HQ building so apparently it will be nice but the weights won't be amazing according to my cousin.

One cool thing is they have lunch time fitness classes with yoga 3 times a week from 1210-1250 so I can continue doing that easily. Its only been two months and I still suck, just a little less than when I started and my IT band and hips are feeling way better now.

how come you quit your old job?
Original post by trapking
how come you quit your old job?

It just bored me. I never wanted to be a power engineer, I just fell into it because my parents pressured me to study Engineering and I didn't have the A* in Further Maths I needed for Maths at Warwick which was the only university I wanted to study at for as long as I could remember.

I find Data Science and SWE especially (those will be my two rotations) a lot more interesting and creative, I've already made a bunch of projects. Also I'd like to work remotely in the future or abroad generally and it's far easier to transfer into tech companies. The market for power engineering in NA is almost non existent.

Assuming I get along with my colleagues I've definitely made the right decision, the culture seems amazing. The gym is subsidised to £18pm, Nuffield is usually £50, they have a sauna and spa center, tennis, squash, football courts all onsite along with subsidised restaurants. You can wear what you want within reason so no shirt and tie anymore and after a year most people have the option to work from home two days a week. The only positive thing about working for JLR for me is that it was JLR and I got to drive a nice car.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
It just bored me. I never wanted to be a power engineer, I just fell into it because my parents pressured me to study Engineering and I didn't have the A* in Further Maths I needed for Maths at Warwick which was the only university I wanted to study at for as long as I could remember.

I find Data Science and SWE especially (those will be my two rotations) a lot more interesting and creative, I've already made a bunch of projects. Also I'd like to work remotely in the future or abroad generally and it's far easier to transfer into tech companies. The market for power engineering in NA is almost non existent.

Assuming I get along with my colleagues I've definitely made the right decision, the culture seems amazing. The gym is subsidised to £18pm, Nuffield is usually £50, they have a sauna and spa center, tennis, squash, football courts all onsite along with subsidised restaurants. You can wear what you want within reason so no shirt and tie anymore and after a year most people have the option to work from home two days a week. The only positive thing about working for JLR for me is that it was JLR and I got to drive a nice car.

That sounds a lot better than ****ty JLR!

Glad you've made the call.

Quick Reply

Latest