The Student Room Group

Sae.HH's blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sae.HH
Is that better for joint stacking or something as you mentioned a few days ago?

Yes and...

It's better for your wrists, it'll also allow you to flare your lats better and get tighter. Currently you're very very cramped for space

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by Angry cucumber
Yes and...

It's better for your wrists, it'll also allow you to flare your lats better and get tighter. Currently you're very very cramped for space

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got you, i'll probably try that out tomorrow then with some sub max work, thanks.
Reply 82
Workout 30/01/16

Conventional Deadlift 145 2x5 4mr 110 5x3 3mr (Double Overhand approx 20 second static hold at end of triples)

Pendlay Row 40 1x10 50 6x10 (Coming along nicely, motor pattern feels much nicer now. I'll probably upload a video soon for you to check out @Angry cucumber)

Chin Up BW 8/6/6/5/4/3/3

Superset;
Hanging Leg Raise BW 5x8
Facepulls 13.75 6x10
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 83
Morning Weigh In; 73.3kg Think the big spike is due to my 3am meal and water intake before bed, that and I was slightly dehydrated when I clocked in at 72.2 last week. Will try and measure it again tomorrow. Depending on how i weigh in over the next week I'll decide wether or not to taper calories back.

Workout 31/01/16

60 Minutes Swimming
Original post by Sae.HH
Morning Weigh In; 73.3kg Think the big spike is due to my 3am meal and water intake before bed, that and I was slightly dehydrated when I clocked in at 72.2 last week. Will try and measure it again tomorrow. Depending on how i weigh in over the next week I'll decide wether or not to taper calories back.

Workout 31/01/16

60 Minutes Swimming

What's the plan re weight? You bulking?
Reply 85
Original post by Unistudent77
What's the plan re weight? You bulking?

Yeah, I don't mind putting fat on but not at a rate of close to 1kg per week lol. That said my bulk has gone pretty well. Going back to end of April 2015 I was 62kg, so I've put on 23ish pounds since then. Annoyingly my lifts haven't changed much :p: But I think at that point since I was running SS my body was just insanely well adapted to the big 3, especially squats. Whereas now I want to build my general strength and gear more towards Oly lifting so that's probably why! But yeah the bulks gone well, I just need to cut at some point though (and probably work arms before that happens).
Original post by Sae.HH
Yeah, I don't mind putting fat on but not at a rate of close to 1kg per week lol. That said my bulk has gone pretty well. Going back to end of April 2015 I was 62kg, so I've put on 23ish pounds since then. Annoyingly my lifts haven't changed much :p: But I think at that point since I was running SS my body was just insanely well adapted to the big 3, especially squats. Whereas now I want to build my general strength and gear more towards Oly lifting so that's probably why! But yeah the bulks gone well, I just need to cut at some point though (and probably work arms before that happens).

100% agree!
Nice work on the bulk.

Indeed you should, dem curls and pushdowns are weighting brah :tongue:
Reply 87
100% agree!
Nice work on the bulk.

Indeed you should, dem curls and pushdowns are weighting brah :tongue:

Meant to say 2016 :p: You know it's funny I tried doing some hammer curls after my deadlift sess but I must have been dead from the Pendlays and Chin Ups :p: Only explanation because I couldn't even curl 10's
Original post by Sae.HH
Meant to say 2016 :p: You know it's funny I tried doing some hammer curls after my deadlift sess but I must have been dead from the Pendlays and Chin Ups :p: Only explanation because I couldn't even curl 10's

I didn't even notice re year.

A pump from other stuff can make it v hard, hence why i do arms after legs on 'limb' day. Only post deadlifts so they aren't too bad
Reply 89
Workout 01/02/16

2ct Paused Bench 73.5 4x5 1x3 5mr (Hit the pins a few times which really ****ed up tension, think I could have got the other two reps but oh well)

Front Squats 40 5x5 50 5x5 (Really trying to get form down but I think I'm still leaning too much, will upload a video soon)

Pendlay Row 55 2x10 4x8 (Form was a bit shaky towards the end)

DB Row 34 4x10

Superset;
DB Shrug 40 4x15
BB Curl 35 6/6/6/5/5/4/2

Superset;
Tricep Extension 23.5 5x8
Hanging Leg Raise 5x8
Facepulls 13.75 7x12

Superset;
Hanging Knee Raise 3x10
Reverse Hypers 25 4x10

Overhead barbell ext is really ****ing with my elbows so I'm dropping it and just going to replace it with dips or something. **** the long head. :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
Workout 01/02/16

2ct Paused Bench 73.5 4x5 1x3 5m3 (Hit the pins a few times which really ****ed up tension, think I could have got the other two reps but oh well)

Front Squats 40 5x5 50 5x5 (Really trying to get form down but I think I'm still leaning too much, will upload a video soon)

DB Row 34 4x10

Superset;
DB Shrug 40 4x15
BB Curl 35 6/6/6/5/5/4/2

Superset;
Hanging Leg Raise 5x8
Facepulls 13.75 7x12

Superset;
Hanging Knee Raise 3x10
Reverse Hypers 25 4x10

Overhead barbell ext is really ****ing with my elbows so I'm dropping it and just going to replace it with dips or something. **** the long head. :colonhash:

2 reps on a barbell curl set :colone:
Reply 91
Original post by UchihaMadara
2 reps on a barbell curl set :colone:

Concurrent periodization for bicep gains bro
Original post by Sae.HH
Concurrent periodization for bicep gains bro

I hear you Alex
Original post by Sae.HH
Workout 01/02/16

2ct Paused Bench 73.5 4x5 1x3 5mr (Hit the pins a few times which really ****ed up tension, think I could have got the other two reps but oh well)

DB Row 34 4x10

Superset;
DB Shrug 40 4x15
BB Curl 35 6/6/6/5/5/4/2

Superset;
Hanging Leg Raise 5x8
Facepulls 13.75 7x12

Superset;
Hanging Knee Raise 3x10
Reverse Hypers 25 4x10

Do you find Pendlay good? Thinking of doing it going forwards...

And yeah (most exercises for) triceps are a f***ing b****.
Just do rope pushdowns bro...

Are dips ok for your triceps? I've considered doing them, just trying to pick exercises which will f*** me up the least.

Good that you're doing curls brah but 2 reps is dissapointing :tongue:
If you don't like overhead tricep extensions with a barbell, but still want a similar (or better movement), I would recommend cable overhead extensions.

set cable at the floor and use the rope attachment. Go reasonably light to find your form and aim to pin elbows, but pull the rope apart the entire rep.

love the longhead
Reply 95
Morning Weigh In; 72.8 (Much happier with this lol, half a kg less than the 73.3 I weighed a few days ago)

Do you find Pendlay good? Thinking of doing it going forwards...

And yeah (most exercises for) triceps are a f***ing b****.
Just do rope pushdowns bro...

Are dips ok for your triceps? I've considered doing them, just trying to pick exercises which will f*** me up the least.

Good that you're doing curls brah but 2 reps is dissapointing :tongue:

Pendlays are great, you need to have a fairly strict form so I'd say it's better than barbell but you can't use as much weight. It took me a few sessions to get used to it but I'm definitely feeling it today and enjoying it. I'm trying to get to a 6 rep range area for 3-4 sets before I start alternating it again with my weighted chin ups. For you they'd be great as you definitely also get some rear delt activation too.

As for dips I love them, there's no danger for elbows at all in the dip imo, it's the shoulder. But as long as you retract properly and brace yourself, I can't see why it would be a problem. But for you I'd probably say don't risk it until your rear delts are stronger since you don't want it to be the reason you aggravate anything. If you want a safe heavy tricep movement you can't beat the CGBP tbh, although it doesn't work the long head as much which is why I need a overhead ext. substitute.

Re curls; I'll get there eventually :colondollar:

Original post by Gone Revising II
If you don't like overhead tricep extensions with a barbell, but still want a similar (or better movement), I would recommend cable overhead extensions.

set cable at the floor and use the rope attachment. Go reasonably light to find your form and aim to pin elbows, but pull the rope apart the entire rep.

love the longhead

Okay I'll definitely check that out, I do a lot of superset work with the cables so that would be very easy to fit in. Thanks.
Original post by Sae.HH
Morning Weigh In; 72.8 (Much happier with this lol, half a kg less than the 73.3 I weighed a few days ago)

Pendlays are great, you need to have a fairly strict form so I'd say it's better than barbell but you can't use as much weight. It took me a few sessions to get used to it but I'm definitely feeling it today and enjoying it. I'm trying to get to a 6 rep range area for 3-4 sets before I start alternating it again with my weighted chin ups. For you they'd be great as you definitely also get some rear delt activation too.

As for dips I love them, there's no danger for elbows at all in the dip imo, it's the shoulder. But as long as you retract properly and brace yourself, I can't see why it would be a problem. But for you I'd probably say don't risk it until your rear delts are stronger since you don't want it to be the reason you aggravate anything. If you want a safe heavy tricep movement you can't beat the CGBP tbh, although it doesn't work the long head as much which is why I need a overhead ext. substitute.

Re curls; I'll get there eventually :colondollar:

Okay I'll definitely check that out, I do a lot of superset work with the cables so that would be very easy to fit in. Thanks.

Fair fair, i'll be sure to have a look at them then.

Right i'll consider dips then. For now i'll stick with rope pushdowns as i do like them.

Good work son :smile:
Fair fair, i'll be sure to have a look at them then.

Right i'll consider dips then. For now i'll stick with rope pushdowns as i do like them.

Good work son :smile:

Pendlays are great

If I see you doing dips I'm going to hunt you down in Sterling and beat you metaphorically with words
Original post by Angry cucumber
Pendlays are great

If I see you doing dips I'm going to hunt you down in Sterling and beat you metaphorically with words

Will do.

*Stirling :wink:

And why?!? Not BBer enough? Or high chance or hurting shoulder?
Will do.

*Stirling :wink:

And why?!? Not BBer enough? Or high chance or hurting shoulder?

You'll **** your shoulder again

Quick Reply

Latest