The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
As long as KCL is in the top 20. I dont really care about the other 19...until I do my postgrad!
Reply 81
NDGAARONDI

Why would anyone in England want to learn of an inferior legal system with martial courts and the rest of it (excluding the Scottish)? :tongue: :rolleyes:

Ooooh controversial. :smile:
Reply 82
Dajo123
Ooooh controversial. :smile:

I'm not the only one who has said that before. I know a lot of Scottish users when seeing this will not be too pleased but I enjoy my moments being controversial :biggrin:
Reply 83
NDGAARONDI
The fact is that people will think they can go to a Scottish university to learn law and practice in England without thinking about the CPE. This is not covered for financially the same as the degree.

If people are willing to apply to study Law without properly researching the consequences - that's not anyone's problem but their own. And give other Law students going to study a different legal system from the one in their own country the benefit of the doubt, please. I am a Scottish student going to study Law in England and France - and I am well aware of what I would have to do should I want to come back to Scotland after my degree.

Anyway, this is veering off from my original point - if you wanted it to be a thread about English universities in which one can study English Law, you might have let the rest of us know in the title and the first post of the thread.

(And as to your other 'point' - I think anyone with any sense in reading this will be pleased that you have so much knowledge and the experience of Scots Law and English Law that you are able to make such effective and thoughtful comparisons.)
Reply 84
ecossaise
If people are willing to apply to study Law without properly researching the consequences - that's not anyone's problem but their own.

Not necessarily.

ecossaise
And give other Law students going to study a different legal system from the one in their own country the benefit of the doubt, please.

You can study comparisons without having to learn Scots law. Some universities look at Ireland for example.

ecossaise
I am a Scottish student going to study Law in England and France - and I am well aware of what I would have to do should I want to come back to Scotland after my degree.

Good for you :smile:

ecossaise
(And as to your other 'point' - I think anyone with any sense in reading this will be pleased that you have so much knowledge and the experience of Scots Law and English Law that you are able to make such effective and thoughtful comparisons.)

The Scottish legal system can always be liquidated at the whim of Westminster. :rolleyes:
Reply 85
NDGAARONDI
The Scottish legal system can always be liquidated at the whim of Westminster. :rolleyes:

Theeeey can take our livvves but they'll never take.....OUR FREEDOM!! :biggrin:
Dajo123

Absolutely brilliant... :biggrin:
Reply 87
Dajo123

My sentiments precisely :biggrin:
Reply 88
NDGAARONDI

I once again love how you've retorted towards everything I've written, apart from my original point which was if you wanted it to be a top 20 list of English Universities in which to study English Law - you could have told us that at the beginning! :biggrin: A true example of a lawyer picking out a piece of irrelevant information entirely and detracting from the original point! :biggrin:
Reply 89
I hope you realise I was just having laugh :biggrin: Hate to have a misunderstand! :smile:
Reply 90
NDGAARONDI
I hope you realise I was just having laugh :biggrin: Hate to have a misunderstand! :smile:

:biggrin: - of course!

But you be careful, because P.E. in Scotland isn't like in any other country. They train us up to be warriors, ready to pounce when others diss our legal system.

:biggrin:
Reply 91
My Top 20 in no particular order would be:
1. Oxford
2. Cambridge
3. UCL
4. Kings
5. Nottingham
6. Durham
7. Manchester
8. Sheffield
9. LSE
10. Warwick
11. Bristol
12. Birmingham
13. Leicester
14. SOAS
15. Exeter
16. Leeds
17. Liverpool
18. Newscastle
19. Reading
20. ? Any you like :biggrin:

I've got AAB and I think I might apply to Manchester, Leicester, Sheffield (though I declined them last time! oops), Liverpool and probably as an insurance Lancaster

Latest

Trending

Trending