The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Anyone who does freestyle wrestling at brookes??

I've been doing wrestling just over 3 years and ever since I started uni I haven't really found anyone else into it. Is there anyone on here who has does it and wants to meet up and train etc? (likely people who come from abroad maybe)
Reply 1
where did you wrestle before? its a shame that there are very very few university wrestling clubs (freestyle greco, olympic). The UK underperforms in freestyle wrestling internationally
I'd have thought that there must be some students in oxford have had past experience of frestyle wrestling
If anyone in London wants to start a freestyle wrestling club then let me know :smile:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
I'm not at your uni but I did it for a few years as part of my shootfighting/mma regime. I admit it was one of the most fun parts of fighting. I need to get back into it if my shoulder recovers.

I hope you find a sparring partner as it really is great fun.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by hi2u_uk
where did you wrestle before? its a shame that there are very very few university wrestling clubs (freestyle greco, olympic). The UK underperforms in freestyle wrestling internationally
I'd have thought that there must be some students in oxford have had past experience of frestyle wrestling
If anyone in London wants to start a freestyle wrestling club then let me know :smile:

Yeah it sucks could really use funding for it lol, I wrestle for Slough Wrestling Club. How about yourself?
Reply 4
Original post by Guru Jason
I'm not at your uni but I did it for a few years as part of my shootfighting/mma regime. I admit it was one of the most fun parts of fighting. I need to get back into it if my shoulder recovers.

I hope you find a sparring partner as it really is great fun.

Thanks, I wish you a quick full recovery :smile:
Original post by gurj786
I've been doing wrestling just over 3 years and ever since I started uni I haven't really found anyone else into it. Is there anyone on here who has does it and wants to meet up and train etc? (likely people who come from abroad maybe)

I don't do freestyle, but I'm keen to learn if you fancy teaching?
Reply 6
Original post by Kandiman
I don't do freestyle, but I'm keen to learn if you fancy teaching?

sure, u go brookes? and what wrestling style have you done?
I go to Brookes. And, oddly enough, I used to do professional style rather than Greco, but I always fancied learning the old ways!
Reply 8
did a club ever get started ?
Original post by gurj786

Hi @gurj786,

There is not currently a society for freestyle wrestling, however, our Student Union accommodates new societies from our students often!

This is the link to instructions to starting a new society as well: https://www.brookesunion.org.uk/main-menu/societies/start-a-new-society. We hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Abigail J.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending