The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
that's exactly what i've had!!!

i've spent 2 hours today on the phone to the CAB, royal mail and back again etc.

here's the lowdown:

i sent the form on monday and it got as far as the guildford postal depot on tuesday morning. that's the last thing it says on their internal tracking system.

after royal mail checked the recipient's address on their system, they told me that the PO box (84) didn't exist in that Guildford postcode (GU3 1YX). i called the CAB to tell them this and the woman said it was a load of rubbish - they've already received a load of forms via special delivery.

after a load more phonecalls to royal mail i finally got through to the actual guildford postal depot and the postal worker, standing in the PO box room, was on the phone to me looking at the boxes in front of him and said there wasn't a PO box 84 there.

what could be the case is that there is a PO box 84 at a sub-post depot in a smaller town in the guildford region. but even if this is the case, it doesn't explain why my special devliery item is more than two days late.

i'm calling back at 9am tomorrow to speak with the special devliery worker and/or depot manager to get more information.

on the positive side - the CAB said that they'd make a note on my application form so that (if there really is a problem with the post) i can send the item off next week and still have it processed in the first round. might be worth other people doing the same if in such a situation.
Stop it, you're scaring me...
It's really weird. I've checked the address on the Royal Mail website, and apparently it doesn't exist (I just fed the postcode GU3 1YX in and it came up with nothing). But surely thousands of people must have sent their forms to that address...?
I'm phoning them tomorrow first thing, assuming that - if the address works - they should have received my form yesterday and sent the receipt back straight away I'd have received that receipt today. I didn't.
Reply 24
I sent mine a month ago by normal post and it's being processed :smile:
That would suggest that they do exist then. :smile:

I wish I could have sent mine earlier, then I wouldn't be stressing.
Reply 26
royal mail told me that because it wasn't delivered by 1pm nextday i get the postage refunded, but as great as that is, £4.80 doesn't equate to potentially missing out on getting into law school!

i'm sure the majority of forms get to the CAB on time/eventually. but it's interesting to see that i'm not entirely alone on this one.

i will report back as soon as i find out more!
Reply 27
Guys, it's not that important. I know people that applied to CoL/BPP weeks before the start of terms and still got places. Ok, so it's nice to get it out of the way ASAP, but if there is a cockup with the post all it really means is we have to wait a month to be accepted.
Reply 28
Who's applied where?
Reply 29
Uwe
Just tried to phone them, they're not open until 2... ugh.

Anyway, I'm applying to BPP, CoL and Northumbria.
Reply 31
1) CoL 2) BPP 3) Kaplan - all in london

PS i received my SAE of receipt from CAB today to much relieft. whilst the royal mail are clearly useless, it does seem that items must be getting to the applications board somehow.
My application is showing up as 'delivered' on the Royal Mail tracking system, so it appears that all is well....
They've just told me that they have had piles coming in which are not yet processed but that they won't penalise anyone because of post. I've been advised to phone next week if I haven't heard anything at which point they will accept a duplicate form and out me through first round.
UWE 1st choice, CoL Gfd, and OxILP.

I'm scared about the postage problems!
Receipt came today, clearly things are working.
Good to hear! My special delivery tracking thing says it was delivered this morning, so should be fine. Although when I called the CAB the other day they said they would accept any forms which were in the post by Friday. I think they must have had people complaining that the instructions weren't clear enough.

Latest

Trending

Trending